Why does Colerain refuse to play Louisville Trinity?

wanttowin

CardinalsFan last post leads us to another interesting topic that seemed to deserve its own thread. Why does Colerain refuse to play Louisville Trinity?

Need help from the Cardinal insiders on this one. I don't get it that they have never played Louisville Trinity. Trinity has only 9 games on its schedule again this year and yet Colerain still won't play them. All the GCL powers stepped up to the plate as usual but not Colerain. They just keep ducking. I just don't get it but for whatever reason they choose not to ever play the Louisville powerhouse.

What gives?

Trinity is good enough for the entire GCL but not Colerain?

It's stuff like that that rubs people the wrong way when it comes to Colerain (that and their inability to win state championships--perhaps there is correlation). This is a game that they should be a part of every, single year. There is simply no good reason not to play it but Colerain appears to be "too good" to be involved in a game like this.

Can anyone provide some insight here?

Thanks. :D

CardinalsFan last post leads us to another interesting topic that seemed to deserve its own thread. Why does Colerain refuse to play Louisville Trinity?

Need help from the Cardinal insiders on this one. I don't get it that they have never played Louisville Trinity. Trinity has only 9 games on its schedule again this year and yet Colerain still won't play them. All the GCL powers stepped up to the plate as usual but not Colerain. They just keep ducking. I just don't get it but for whatever reason they choose not to ever play the Louisville powerhouse.

What gives?

It's stuff like that that rubs people the wrong way when it comes to Colerain (that and their inability to win state championships--perhaps there is correlation). This is a game that they should be a part of every, single year. There is simply no good reason not to play it but Colerain appears to be "too good" to be involved in a game like this.

This is great!

In the interest of fairness to the Cardinals I should have mentioned that they usually play an early season tilt in a local annual fundraising event for a local quasi-celeb which understandably limits the number of games they have available to play the Rocks in a home and away series. But again they need to understand it makes it harder for them to reach their coach's stated goal of winning state championships when they duck teams like Trinity. Maybe that fundraising event can work to bring these two together in the future. Somebody should call the organizer or his friend from the office and see if he make it happen or at least comment on it.

What gives?

You do know that Colerain is not in the GCL, right? Did not see the post you are referring to, I assume he waa talking smack about KY vs Ohio football?

Yes Imhisdad you are correct, Colerain is not in the GCL. The GCL is the Greater Catholic League. Colerain is a public school in Cincinnati. I don't think they are "ducking" Trinity, I just don't think it is possible for them to play. I do believe that, if they were to play, Trinity would win by a large margin (two touchdowns or more). Colerain is a quality football program, however Trinity is a superior program, one of the best in the country year in and year out. No question about the outcome of this "what if" game. Trinity wins big.

Yes Imhisdad you are correct, Colerain is not in the GCL. The GCL is the Greater Catholic League. Colerain is a public school in Cincinnati. I don't think they are "ducking" Trinity, I just don't think it is possible for them to play. I do believe that, if they were to play, Trinity would win by a large margin (two touchdowns or more). Colerain is a quality football program, however Trinity is a superior program, one of the best in the country year in and year out. No question about the outcome of this "what if" game. Trinity wins big.

It isn't possible. The GMC, Colerain's conference for those unaware, is huge. In fact, Colerain won't play 2 teams from within their conference and still only have 3 games to fill. One is normally slotted for the Skyline thing where they play X or Elder and the other is generally for the Herbie where they play and beat a team from Florida or Texas every year. The other game, I think, are either St. X or Elder which are pretty big rivalry games. This thread is barking up the wrong tree. That said, it would be cool to see Trinity and their spread, multiple formation offense go against the triple option based Cardinals. There would be DI athletes all over the field.

As far as I know, no one has refused anyone. I'm not sure there has ever been contact.

I know two years ago, after Trinity's district was changed, Dennis Lampley was calling any school he could fine within a few hundred miles to play which lead to last year's schedule. I cannot believe he would have not included Colerain in that search.

What gives?

It's all about playoff points. While Trinity would give a lot of points if they win, they aren't going to take the chance. They will schedule light to make sure they make the playoffs every year. They are the top of the GMC (although it will be more competitive at the top this year), but typically roll right through it. They gain nothing by playing Trinity....

And no I am not a Cardinal fan, I am a GCL guy....

Trinity may not want to play Colerain because they don't face a team like them in KY and it would be a lot of extra preparation.

Additionally, Colerain may not want to play Trinity because Ohio teams ONLY agree to play KY teams when they are pretty confident they are going to win the game.