Fairview At It Again.....................

Ram

How can players represent a school at a sporting event when they haven't been ruled eligible as of yet. But, luckily the event was in Huntington West Virginia, where both players live. Three years in a row multiple players transfer from Huntington to Fairview, a KHSAA investigation, and nothin. Amazing.

Trio Represents Fairview at NFL Event

WESTWOOD — Three Fairview Eagles participated in the NFL National 7-on-7 Tournament and Lineman Challenge this past weekend in Indianapolis.

All were selected out of the NFL High School Player Development Camp that took place at Cabell Midland (W.Va.) High School in June. The selections were based on ability, character and academic performance.

Elijah King and Mason Rutherford, Fairview students who transferred from Huntington High, represented the Cincinnati Bengals in the 7-on-7 competition. They helped lead the team, which was one of 32 representing NFL teams, to a third-place overall finish after going 8-3.

King caught two game-winning touchdown catches, according to local camp director and Fairview High School principal Garry McPeek, Cody’s father. Rutherford played cornerback. Neither have yet been ruled eligible by the Kentucky High School Athletic Association to play for Fairview this fall.

Link

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess they can because it is not a school sponsored event. Also, in the article I do not see where they were representing the school, as the title of the article suggest.

The first line of the article, "Three Fairview Eagles participated in the NFL National 7-on-7 Tournament and Lineman Challenge this past weekend in Indianapolis."

Gary McPeek is the uncle of the Fairview Head Football Coach and Assistant Principle at Fairview High School and comments on the player's performance.

School sponsored event? No, but................

The first line of the article, "Three Fairview Eagles participated in the NFL National 7-on-7 Tournament and Lineman Challenge this past weekend in Indianapolis."

Gary McPeek is the uncle of the Fairview Head Football Coach and Assistant Principle at Fairview High School and comments on the player's performance.

School sponsored event? No, but................

I'd bet my 5 cent paycheck that Trinity has players from Indiana. How would this be any different?

I'd bet my 5 cent paycheck that Trinity has players from Indiana. How would this be any different?

If true, it may not be.

And, to clarify, I'm really not getting on Fairview, I'm more upset with the KHSAA. Either enforce the rule, or do away with the rule. And, before someone asks, it was reported and investigated, and there was evidence of impropriety.

An 8th grade Fairview student was overheard the other day saying, "we've got some good players, but we are looking for a quarterback. If we find one we will be really good". And there was not much mistaking that he had overheard adults saying the something and repeated it. Sad for high school sports.

If true, it may not be.

And, to clarify, I'm really not getting on Fairview, I'm more upset with the KHSAA. Either enforce the rule, or do away with the rule. And, before someone asks, it was reported and investigated, and there was evidence of impropriety.

An 8th grade Fairview student was overheard the other day saying, "we've got some good players, but we are looking for a quarterback. If we find one we will be really good". And there was not much mistaking that he had overheard adults saying the something and repeated it. Sad for high school sports.

Ram, with all due respect, using players to recruit other players is common place. I have even recieved calls from coaches from other districts regarding my interest in transferring my son. And as far as KHSAA is concerned, the transfer rule exceptions are liberal and relatively unenforced. I've got a whole hoard of BW folks chasing me with lumber, hammer and nails for pointing this out.

How can players represent a school at a sporting event when they haven't been ruled eligible as of yet. But, luckily the event was in Huntington West Virginia, where both players live. Three years in a row multiple players transfer from Huntington to Fairview, a KHSAA investigation, and nothin. Amazing.

Trio Represents Fairview at NFL Event

WESTWOOD — Three Fairview Eagles participated in the NFL National 7-on-7 Tournament and Lineman Challenge this past weekend in Indianapolis.

All were selected out of the NFL High School Player Development Camp that took place at Cabell Midland (W.Va.) High School in June. The selections were based on ability, character and academic performance.

Elijah King and Mason Rutherford, Fairview students who transferred from Huntington High, represented the Cincinnati Bengals in the 7-on-7 competition. They helped lead the team, which was one of 32 representing NFL teams, to a third-place overall finish after going 8-3.

King caught two game-winning touchdown catches, according to local camp director and Fairview High School principal Garry McPeek, Cody’s father. Rutherford played cornerback. Neither have yet been ruled eligible by the Kentucky High School Athletic Association to play for Fairview this fall.

Link

What Fairview is doing actually makes me sick; unfortunately this is the new norm at Fairview. After the loss to Fairview at home last year, someone commented that next year would be different, Fairview was losing a number of senior players and would be relying heavily on their youth. I said that Fairview would come into next season with four or five new seniors from elsewhere. As long as they continue to win, nothing will change. Someone from the inside is going to have to take this to the KHSAA before it is taken seriously.

Fairview has requested several Jr High and JV games, "Due to cancelation" on the coaches list serve. Could it be that teams are boycotting them due to their behavior?

Due to some cancellations Fairview middle school looking for a game(s) 8-16, 8-30, 10-9, or 10-16 email me privately if interested thanks

Nathan Mcpeek

Head football coach

Fairview high school

Fairview has requested several Jr High and JV games, "Due to cancelation" on the coaches list serve. Could it be that teams are boycotting them due to their behavior?

Quit you're crying, spend your energy getting better, and just beat them. :p:D

If true, it may not be.

Regarding the bolded; What rule did they break and/or is the KHSAA lacking to enforce?

Regarding the bolded; What rule did they break and/or is the KHSAA lacking to enforce?

They were reported last season for Recruiting, an investigation followed where several people close to the program confirmed that recruiting was taking place. Nothing was done by the KHSAA. Each of the last three years, Fairview has received multiple transfers from Huntington High School, most of them were seniors and only played one year at Fairview.

They were reported last season for Recruiting, an investigation followed where several people close to the program confirmed that recruiting was taking place. Nothing was done by the KHSAA. Each of the last three years, Fairview has received multiple transfers from Huntington High School, most of them were seniors and only played one year at Fairview.
Did those who "confirmed recruiting" have any kind of proof?

If they are recruiting, and you think the KHSAA is turning a blind eye, then you can request a copy of the investigation results via an open records request.