Has anyone had any Bow Hunting sucsess?

  1. #1
    oldrambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 06
    Location
    I'm ftom the Other Side of the Tracks ....where your momma warned you about.
    Posts
    38,979

    Has anyone had any Bow Hunting sucsess?

    I was just wondering since the Ky. Archery Season for Deer is in now if anyone has had any sucsess, seen any animals, (God forbid had any misses )? Lets hear about it.
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    spindoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    It's the most wonderful time of the year
    Posts
    55,389

    The midget missed a gobbler by an inch under the beard. Swwwwwiiiiiing and a miss.

  3. #3
    woodsrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Posts
    20,521

    I went Saturday morning but nothing was moving. Still a little warm but it started to cool off today and should be good this weekend. I will probably go again this Saturday.

  4. #4
    oldrambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 06
    Location
    I'm ftom the Other Side of the Tracks ....where your momma warned you about.
    Posts
    38,979

    This coming weekend should be very good, I beleive that the morning temps are supposed to be something like 47-50. That should get some deer moving.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Nov 05
    Posts
    1,271

    I got mad at a squirl once who wouldn't shut up so I finally pinned him up in the tree from about 30 yards. There wasn't a branch on the tree so I couldn't climb it and get my arrow back. Lost my arrow, but shut the squirl up for good.

  6. #6
    BigBlueFreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 06
    Location
    Guy gets into heaven. Sees an old man in a houndstooth hat walking on water. "Is that Bear Bryant?" He asks Saint Peter. "Naw" Pete says, "that's God. He just thinks he's Bear Bryant."
    Posts
    2,569

    Quote Originally Posted by BucksFan
    I got mad at a squirl once who wouldn't shut up so I finally pinned him up in the tree from about 30 yards. There wasn't a branch on the tree so I couldn't climb it and get my arrow back. Lost my arrow, but shut the squirl up for good.

    I'm not the only one with tree stand rage!

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Nov 05
    Posts
    1,271

    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueFreak
    I'm not the only one with tree stand rage!
    Makes me feel better, knowing I'm not alone.

  8. #8
    GrizzlyAdams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    9,246

    Im terrible with a bow but great with a rifle

  9. #9
    oldrambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 06
    Location
    I'm ftom the Other Side of the Tracks ....where your momma warned you about.
    Posts
    38,979

    Quote Originally Posted by BucksFan
    Makes me feel better, knowing I'm not alone.
    I have been guilty of the same.

  10. #10
    spindoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    It's the most wonderful time of the year
    Posts
    55,389

    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams
    Im terrible with a bow but great with a rifle
    Your best friend is a grizzly bear, why would you need a bow?

  11. #11
    GrizzlyAdams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    9,246

    Quote Originally Posted by spindoc
    Your best friend is a grizzly bear, why would you need a bow?

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Jan 07
    Location
    The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?
    Posts
    9,489

    I just saw a picture of a man hit in the back of the head with an arrow while bow hunting. It didn't kill him either which was quite amazing...

  13. #13
    cvillecat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 06
    Location
    Kickin' It At The Shoe
    Posts
    8,984

    Quote Originally Posted by BoondockSaint
    I just saw a picture of a man hit in the back of the head with an arrow while bow hunting. It didn't kill him either which was quite amazing...
    Wow!! I hope the anti-hunting groups don't read this, they will protest that hunters should wear helmets when descending or climbing tree stands. Hunting can be a dangerous sport but these kind of things should never happen if people are responsible in their hunting methods and follow all safety rules related to the sport.
    However, accidents can and do happen. I don't know the details of this incident so I can't rate it as an accident or someone just being irresponsible.

  14. #14
    spindoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    It's the most wonderful time of the year
    Posts
    55,389

    Quote Originally Posted by cvillecat
    Wow!! I hope the anti-hunting groups don't read this, they will protest that hunters should wear helmets when descending or climbing tree stands. Hunting can be a dangerous sport but these kind of things should never happen if people are responsible in their hunting methods and follow all safety rules related to the sport.
    However, accidents can and do happen. I don't know the details of this incident so I can't rate it as an accident or someone just being irresponsible.
    Suicide attempt?

  15. #15
    cvillecat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 06
    Location
    Kickin' It At The Shoe
    Posts
    8,984

    Quote Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
    Suicide attempt?

Top