Survivor 40: Winners at War

Page 15 of This could be a fun season with this cast if true. CBS Announces ‘Survivor’ Season 4 Will Be an All-Winners Edition: See the Cast List! ... 240 comments | 8761 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #211
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    54,763

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    I’ve watched every single season of Survivor. That was the greatest performance in any season of all time. I’ve always thought the two best games ever played were Parvati in Micronesia and Boston Rob in Redemption Island. After Tony’s performance this season, it’s honestly not even close. Best survivor player of all time and it’s not even close.
    Okay...so since you said it, I'll save the comments that I was going to make for tomorrow and just post them tonight. Yes. I agree (if you add Kim's win in One World).

    From November 2018 through March 2019, my buddy and I watched Seasons 1-34 cause they were all we could find on Hulu or Prime (neither have CBS All Access). We both said before this week that if Tony won this season, he is the GOAT. He was masterful. I've watched almost all seasons twice except for Season 35-39. He dominated this season and I was stunned over and over that no one did anything about it.

    Stunned the producers couldn't give us twists and turns to lead us other directions. Tony dominated it so well, maybe they couldn't. I convinced 3 guys that have never watched the show to do a random draft with me and they all watched it for the first time and 4-5 weeks ago, they all said it was easily Tony.
    Advertisement

  2. #212
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    54,763

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    Tony deserved it and it was clear. I don't know if he was tanking it when he was practicing fire, but Sarah was very confident that she'd beat him.

    Michelle played a great game, but was never going to get votes in the end.

    Natalie, played a great physical game. She won or found so many advantages on the island. She won the return game after nearly choking away three advantages. Nat's a great player, but she wasn't Tony great.
    I don't know if Tony was sandbagging or not, but it felt like Sarah made such an amateur mistake. She fueled it with husk instead of kindling.

    I have a big issue with the second part of your post. Michelle didn't play a great game at all. She was on the outside of so many votes. She won a big challenge down the stretch, but she was always on the outside of so many votes because she wasn't playing that good of a game.

    Natalie is a stud. Never should have been the first voted out.

  3. #213
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    14,249

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    Massively enjoyed this season. Learned a lesson many years ago to not drink and BGP, so I might hold off my thoughts until tomorrow.

    Tony seemed like the easy winner like 4-5 weeks ago though. Surprised it was that evident. Expected winners to easily pick up on that.

    A little sad we won't have Survivor this fall.
    Not having survivor this fall is really going to suck. Honestly my biggest fear is that if they donít get production started on a new season soon that we will go a while without Survivor or maybe it will never come back.

  4. #214
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    54,763

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    Not having survivor this fall is really going to suck. Honestly my biggest fear is that if they don’t get production started on a new season soon that we will go a while without Survivor or maybe it will never come back.
    I am very with you on that man. 20 years though, CBS has to give a true, "Hey this is the final season" even if it's bad. They won't let that be the last one.

  5. #215
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    14,249

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    I don't know if Tony was sandbagging or not, but it felt like Sarah made such an amateur mistake. She fueled it with husk instead of kindling.

    I have a big issue with the second part of your post. Michelle didn't play a great game at all. She was on the outside of so many votes. She won a big challenge down the stretch, but she was always on the outside of so many votes because she wasn't playing that good of a game.

    Natalie is a stud. Never should have been the first voted out.
    I disagree wholeheartedly, Michelle played a great game. Yeah she was on the outside, but she formed a ton of relationships and would have won a ton of seasons with that game.

  6. #216
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    14,249

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    I am very with you on that man. 20 years though, CBS has to give a true, "Hey this is the final season" even if it's bad. They won't let that be the last one.
    I want to agree, but you have to admit if they do put an end to it going out on an all winners season is a hell of a way to do it. Ultimately it all comes down to how long Jeff wants to keep it going. At this point it’s 100% his show. If he doesn’t want to continue then the show won’t go on. Best guess is it ends after season 50 with an ultimate legends season including several from this cast, Russell, Amanda, Ozzy, James, Malcolm, etc.

  7. #217
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    54,763

    Tony = Survivor King = GOAT

  8. #218
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    54,763

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    I disagree wholeheartedly, Michelle played a great game. Yeah she was on the outside, but she formed a ton of relationships and would have won a ton of seasons with that game.
    Formed so many relationships, how many votes did she get in the end because of those relationships? I could say more, but with your point, it sort of start and ends there.

  9. #219
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    54,763

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    I want to agree, but you have to admit if they do put an end to it going out on an all winners season is a hell of a way to do it. Ultimately it all comes down to how long Jeff wants to keep it going. At this point it’s 100% his show. If he doesn’t want to continue then the show won’t go on. Best guess is it ends after season 50 with an ultimate legends season including several from this cast, Russell, Amanda, Ozzy, James, Malcolm, etc.
    Winners Season is a great way to go out and I would be so sad but happy if it ended with Season 40. Since it didn't, I feel like it has to come back for one season, no matter how good or bad it will be. 20 years man, we didn't get a proper goodbye tonight.

    Jeff Probst is probably getting paid extremely well, since he is the executive producer. So I am sure he isn't going anywhere until CBS pulls a Jerry Krause.

    I think you might be right about a Season 50. Either way, we haven't seen the end.

  10. #220
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    51,337

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    Formed so many relationships, how many votes did she get in the end because of those relationships? I could say more, but with your point, it sort of start and ends there.
    She didn't get votes because Tony almost swept them all and rightfully so. The votes against Tony were either from people butt hurt at Tony or people that spent most of the season with Nat on exile.

    Michelle never had the numbers or air tight alliance, yet was able to win when she had to or make temporary alliances as needed. I knew she wouldn't get votes in the end beacuse of Tony and Nat, but that doesn't mean that ahe didn't play a really good season.

  11. #221
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    51,337

    Probst was encouraging teenagers to apply, that could be interesting.

  12. #222

    Join Date
    Apr 07
    Location
    Bluegrass Region
    Posts
    10,967

    Tony deserved it and could be GOAT, through there will be discussion on that point in the days to come. And some people (like the Mrs.) do not care for Tony's personality. So he will be less endearing to some fans. But with $3M in the pocket he probably is not worried about that.

    Natalie - obviously a super player. Rob made it clear why he did not give her his vote. I think at least a couple of others were of the same mindset when it seemed like there was a couple of eye rolls at her "I had done enough" statement. She did seem a bit surprised by the final vote.

    I did admire the fact that Michele made it to the finals with critical immunity wins. Her point of going to 14 of 19 tribals was valid. She did a great job of out-lasting. I thought she may pull one or two votes at most.

    Ben! He knew he was done and had no chance to win. Him giving Sarah "permission" was unusual moment of sacrifice in this game.

    Cop-r-us shoot-out with fire was appropriate way to end the strongest alliance of the season. The Ben-Sarah exchange and this seemed like a couple of the best moment of the season and of series.

    Qs:
    Did Natalie need to make fire against Tony to win? Is that now the only workable model for Extinction if they do it again?
    Does Sarah have a chance if she beats Tony at fire?

  13. #223
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    54,763

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    Michelle never had the numbers or air tight alliance, yet was able to win when she had to or make temporary alliances as needed. I knew she wouldn't get votes in the end beacuse of Tony and Nat, but that doesn't mean that ahe didn't play a really good season.
    She did win a couple big challenges in the end, so I definitely give her credit for that. But she was on the outside of almost every single vote at every Tribal Council that she went too and then was able to cling to Natalie at the end. Just because you are there in the end, doesn't mean you had a really good season in my opinion.

  14. #224
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    51,337

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    She did win a couple big challenges in the end, so I definitely give her credit for that. But she was on the outside of almost every single vote at every Tribal Council that she went too and then was able to cling to Natalie at the end. Just because you are there in the end, doesn't mean you had a really good season in my opinion.
    I agree getting to the end in itself doesn't mean someone played great. She had a target on her early because of her outside relationship. She was an easy vote for weeks, but was able to move back and forth picking the correct side to save herself. Then when she was absolutely going to be voted out, she stepped up and won immunity.

    If this was a horse race, Tony jumped out to the early lead and led the entire way. Natalie fell coming out of the gate, got up and finished strong in 2nd place. Michelle ran back in the pack until the home stretch and in the final furlough kicked it in for a strong finish. She didn't finish third because the other horses fell down, she out ran them diwn the stretch.

  15. #225
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    54,763

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    I agree getting to the end in itself doesn't mean someone played great. She had a target on her early because of her outside relationship. She was an easy vote for weeks, but was able to move back and forth picking the correct side to save herself. Then when she was absolutely going to be voted out, she stepped up and won immunity.

    If this was a horse race, Tony jumped out to the early lead and led the entire way. Natalie fell coming out of the gate, got up and finished strong in 2nd place. Michelle ran back in the pack until the home stretch and in the final furlough kicked it in for a strong finish. She didn't finish third because the other horses fell down, she out ran them diwn the stretch.
    I guess you and I just viewed it very differently. I didn't see it that she jumped back and forth and picked the right side. I viewed it as she was always on the outside and they just never chose to vote for her.

    She wasn't a target early because of her connection to Wendell. Wendell was the target. They weren't really ever worried about Michelle, which is why she was never strongly targeted.

    But that's what makes this show great. People can have two completely different takeaways while watching the exact same thing.

Top