North and South Laurel both open?

Super sent out an email stating that each head coach, assistant coaches and band directors throughout Laurel County will not be renewed for the 2020-21 school year.

It was recommended by the Kentucky Department of education. As they do not know when athletics will resume.

Could this be a sign that sports could be done until next year?

Anyone have any info?

Super sent out an email stating that each head coach, assistant coaches and band directors throughout Laurel County will not be renewed for the 2020-21 school year.

It was recommended by the Kentucky Department of education. As they do not know when athletics will resume.

Could this be a sign that sports could be done until next year?

Anyone have any info?

Are you saying all coaches for every sport has been let go at both schools, or just boys basketball?

Some districts have made the decision to not pay their coaches if there is no season. It could be that the current coaches were released from contract and will be resigned once a season is confirmed. That’s just me guessing - that seems like an odd thing to do.

This is a common procedural practice. Technically coaching/extra duty positions are year to year. Many districts do this as common practice. I get one of these letters every year for every sport I’ve coached. What does do is allow the districts to not pay the coaches should there be no season. This is not something to get upset about.

This is a common procedural practice. Technically coaching/extra duty positions are year to year. Many districts do this as common practice. I get one of these letters every year for every sport I’ve coached. What does do is allow the districts to not pay the coaches should there be no season. This is not something to get upset about.

If they do this every year, why did they note that it was a recommendation?