When will the NFL Season Start?

Just my opinion, but I think it starts on time. Maybe that’s just me being overly optimistic because I don’t know what I’d do if fall rolls around and football isn’t ready to go, but I do feel like we’ll have a much better hold on this whole thing by the end of the summer. Just in time for football to start.

In your opinion....I don't see it starting on time. I'm really not sure when we will have any major sporting events again.

I think the NFL will start on time.

With that said, the precedent moving forward is unknown, so there is no telling if we will have any sports, any bars, any restaurants, or any anything that attracts a crowd.

I think the NFL will start on time.

With that said, the precedent moving forward is unknown, so there is no telling if we will have any sports, any bars, any restaurants, or any anything that attracts a crowd.

Training camp, mini camps will all be delayed, imo. How can they start the season on time if those things are pushed back?

Teams with new coaching staffs would be at a significant disadvantage. Rookies too.

Training camp, mini camps will all be delayed, imo. How can they start the season on time if those things are pushed back?

Teams with new coaching staffs would be at a significant disadvantage. Rookies too.

If professional athletes can't stay in shape on their own then they are not professionals.

I agree on the new coaching staffs and rooks, but that is the way the cookie crumbles.

If professional athletes can't stay in shape on their own then they are not professionals.

I agree on the new coaching staffs and rooks, but that is the way the cookie crumbles.

I never mentioned them being in shape. I agree they should be in great condition coming in.

However, teams need time to practice. The beginning of the season already looks sloppy because they have limited how much time teams can practice. Shorten the off season and it will be worse.

I guess it's the pessimistic in me that doesn't see all this being better by the time the NFL is scheduled to start up.

I never mentioned them being in shape. I agree they should be in great condition coming in.

However, teams need time to practice. The beginning of the season already looks sloppy because they have limited how much time teams can practice. Shorten the off season and it will be worse.

I guess it's the pessimistic in me that doesn't see all this being better by the time the NFL is scheduled to start up.

I can be a pessimist at times too but if the NFL isn't playing that will be the least of our worries. It would be more of an end to society as we know it.

I can be a pessimist at times too but if the NFL isn't playing that will be the least of our worries. It would be more of an end to society as we know it.

I agree it will be the least of our worries. I have plenty of things I worry more about than football. Just sparking a discussion.

I agree it will be the least of our worries. I have plenty of things I worry more about than football. Just sparking a discussion.

Appreciate it.

And if there is no NFL there won't be any College Football and there won't be any Kentucky High School Football and then frankly there isn't any need for BGP.

They started the season on time in 2011 even though they had the lockout and no mini camps. No communication allowed with players, no playbooks given to rookies, etc. So they have done it before, and that was done with even less communication than this will allow. Rookies and stuff most likely will be allowed to get playbooks, and talk to coaches if anything through video chats and things.

As long as training camps can start on time. Then I don’t see the season being pushed back at all. I think we will know by the end of June, where it stands.

They started the season on time in 2011 even though they had the lockout and no mini camps. No communication allowed with players, no playbooks given to rookies, etc. So they have done it before, and that was done with even less communication than this will allow. Rookies and stuff most likely will be allowed to get playbooks, and talk to coaches if anything through video chats and things.

As long as training camps can start on time. Then I don’t see the season being pushed back at all. I think we will know by the end of June, where it stands.

I'm not sure they will be able to have training camp on time.

I'm not sure they will be able to have training camp on time.

You may be correct. However it is still not even April yet, we are still a full three months and a half before training camps start. If the countries that got hit hard first are any indications. Then by that time, it should have already gotten better by then. However, it definitely is impossible to tell.

They are saying that whenever things are back to normal and people are allowed to get back together in groups, it will still be another 3-4 weeks before MLB starts back up because the players will still need their "Spring Training".

If baseball players need that time, then I'd have to imagine football will too. And I'd imagine their Player's Assocations will demand it because they'll believe it is needed to help prevent injury.

With saying all that, I'm optimistic that we'll have Week 1 as scheduled, but not sure why because nothing that has happened should provide optimism.

They are saying that whenever things are back to normal and people are allowed to get back together in groups, it will still be another 3-4 weeks before MLB starts back up because the players will still need their "Spring Training".

If baseball players need that time, then I'd have to imagine football will too. And I'd imagine their Player's Assocations will demand it because they'll believe it is needed to help prevent injury.

With saying all that, I'm optimistic that we'll have Week 1 as scheduled, but not sure why because nothing that has happened should provide optimism.

NFL Training camp doesn’t start until late July. So as long as training camp starts on time, I don’t see it being pushed back. A precedent was already set in 2011 during the lockout. There were no mini camps, OTAs, not even allowed at team facilities, and they still started the season on time. So training camp basically is spring training for baseball. As long as training camp can start on time, then the season should be fine.