Quarantine Take out Discoveries

Sheldon

Pendleton Hills is a restaurant/country club in the Butler area that has been under new ownership for a few months. Got supper delivered from there last night. Fried chicken, cole slaw, & my daughter wanted onion rings. Wife made some mashed potatoes, but it was all really, really good.

The wings from 4 Mile Pig in Alexandria (behind Alexandria Brewing Company) are amazing. The growler of Irish Red from ABC was a good compliment to the wings.

Four Mile Pig has awesome wings. Highly recommend going the dry rub option. Great sides too.

I bought a gift card from ABC right when everything got shut down. Haven't ran up there for beer yet but will soon. Of all companies, I hope they sustain through all this the most I think.

Not a discovery, but something cool.

We Texas Roadhouse takeout tonight. As you’re pulling into the lot, there are cones set up, and a guy sitting there with a tablet. You tell him your name, he tells you what spot to go to. They have spots numbered 1-50, they bring the food out to you when it’s ready.

Very cool and very efficient.

Share good local places you have found!

We found a small local Mexican place in Erlanger. El Ocho Loco.

Food was good, service was quick and accurate. Would try again.

El Ocho Loco is a great place. Very small, kind of a hidden gem really. The owner is very generous and definitely a great help for the community. I get it with my work crew a lot, ordered it on doordash a while back and my girlfriend loved it.

I haven't tried it myself but I've heard that Whit's Frozen Custard, Donatos and Paradise Doughnuts in Independence have teamed up to allow delivery from all 3.

Paradise has closed for now per facebook post.

Did Malone's at Lexington Palomar tonight. They really have the process down. They have put signs up for waiting parking spots. You text the last name of your order and the parking spot number you are in.

Never been disappointed at Malone’s.