Joey Thacker named offensive coordinator at PLD

Coach Thacker is a long time assistant football in Central Kentucky. He is a former head football coach as well. He was the OC at Franklin County before his wife was diagnosed with cancer in 2013 I believe. He was out of football until Coach Atchley and LCA came calling for the 2015 season. He left LCA after the 2017 season to come back to Franklin County for the 2018 and 2019 seasons but was let go as OC after this past season by Coach James. Coach Thacker was let go from his coordinator position via text message of all things. He continues to teach and be the girls basketball coach at Franklin County where his daughters play. He has taken the girls team to 4 state tournaments and 2 state runner up finishes. He has also won 12 district titles. Best wishes to Coach Thacker as a Bulldog!

Coach Thacker is a long time assistant football in Central Kentucky. He is a former head football coach as well. He was the OC at Franklin County before his wife was diagnosed with cancer in 2013 I believe. He was out of football until Coach Atchley and LCA came calling for the 2015 season. He left LCA after the 2017 season to come back to Franklin County for the 2018 and 2019 seasons but was let go as OC after this past season by Coach James. Coach Thacker was let go from his coordinator position via text message of all things. He continues to teach and be the girls basketball coach at Franklin County where his daughters play. He has taken the girls team to 4 state tournaments and 2 state runner up finishes. He has also won 12 district titles. Best wishes to Coach Thacker as a Bulldog!

Let go by text message shows tons of class. Wonder what the deal was in all this? Since he is still teaching and coaching basketball there and the football team averaged 41 points per game I wonder what the deal was and who had the class to do it by text.