Kentucky Derby Postponed until September 5

Earlier today when it was being speculated the move to September 5th was a possibility, I canceled my AirBnB for April 29th - May 2nd for a full refund, booked for the new dates and saved $1,250. Best win I’ll probably ever have at Derby.

The Derby might be the coming out party after the fight with the virus. Louisville will be ready to erupt. It cold be the most joyous Derby ever.

To us people whom like the ponies and also party all Derby weekends are joyous. My only regret is I'm too old to fit in and enjoy the infield. 1963-78 were great years. Then I took a job in Pennsylvania and have only been there live once since then. The bright side is I'm only 70 minutes from Pimlico and have made the Preakness around 15 times.

• 1 month later...

What a glorious day today would have been for the Oaks! Tomorrow is supposed to be great too. Oh well, at least we have the Arkansas Derby tomorrow evening (2 divisions) and a virtual Derby of all the Triple Crown winners. Secretariat is the morning line favorite, per Mike Battaglia.

What a glorious day today would have been for the Oaks! Tomorrow is supposed to be great too. Oh well, at least we have the Arkansas Derby tomorrow evening (2 divisions) and a virtual Derby of all the Triple Crown winners. Secretariat is the morning line favorite, per Mike Battaglia.

The weather would have been absolutely perfect for the Derby and pretty darn good for the Oaks too. Did my best to not think about missing out on working it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...