9th Region Championship Preview

Well here we are, another basketball season is about to pass. It seems like just a week or so ago when I published my first 2019-2020 article. I wish all the seniors the best as they move on to post-secondary life. I hope that all of you use your gifts and talents to help your fellow man and make the world a better place.

I anticipate a crowded gym and parking lot this evening at NKU, you may want to arrive a wee bit earlier than usual. I will probably try to be on campus by 6:30. I recall in 2015, I tried to make it to the championship game and five minutes after tipoff I was still looking for a parking spot.

It is not looking good for me to make a trip to the Sweet 16 this year, so tonight is my last chance to see a high school basketball game. I think this game will be very competitive.

Venue: BB&T Arena

Time: 7:30

Prediction: I have never had a season where almost everything I predicted would happen has never happened. I have made, I think, 14 calls this year and only 1 of them have come to fruition (Dixie over Lloyd). So round and round we go.

It's like Vizzini arguing with Carey Elwes about where the Iocane Powder is when it really doesn't matter because Elwes had spent the last few years building an immunity to Iocane Powder.

This is probably the best Highlands team I have seen since I moved to Bellevue, as a 1st Grader, in 1987. Admittedly, I did not pay much attention until around 1995. There are those that feel I have not given the Bluebirds enough love this year in my weekly rankings and the fact that they are playing in the Championship Game would seem to support that.

Covington Catholic has been #1 all year and, despite the darts, they continue to perform at a high level. There are some very talented players that wear that uniform. I look forward to seeing the crazies do their thing.

So who is going to win? I'll pull a Bobby Heenan move when he was asked who would win the U.S. Heavyweight Championship Tournament final bout between Sting and Meng..."I'll tell you tomorrow."

• Like 1