Ashland 67 Rowan County 39 (16th Region Semifinal)

Every bit as one sided as the score indicates. Ashland was in peak form tonight. Offensively (passing, perimeter shooting, driving to the basket) and defensively, they were the far superior team on the floor. And Rowan's no slouch. Ashland was scary tonight.

Ashland has their focus back and they are healthy. Its gonna take a really good team to beat them, imo. A few weeks ago I would have said different.

This team was battling time off from games due to the flu, their own injuries and health issues. They seem to be running at 100% now though and at 100% they can beat anyone in the state.

Ashland has their focus back and they are healthy. Its gonna take a really good team to beat them, imo. A few weeks ago I would have said different.

This team was battling time off from games due to the flu, their own injuries and health issues. They seem to be running at 100% now though and at 100% they can beat anyone in the state.

Next focal point Lewis County.

Shouldn’t have to be real focused if the lose this one after a 32 point victory just over 3 months ago. It would probably go down as the biggest upset in 16th region history.

I do not expect Ashland to lose but I have seen teams lose by making a larger than 32 point turn around in less than 3 months time. Next focal point Lewis County.

I made the 80 mile trip to Morehead from my home last night to watch the semifinals. Ashland was really in their zone, moving the ball, getting open looks and playing great defense. Hopefully they’ll play the same tonight. I don’t think Jason is the type of coach that will allow his players to overlook anyone. They easily defeated Lewis County in the season’s first game but that doesn’t mean diddly squat in March, and he is very much aware of that.