Coronavirus

ChickenWyngz

Let's talk about it, sensibly please.

Just saw a story that the head of NY's Port Authority has now tested positive. I was at a local store this weekend and chuckled at the empty shelves of disinfectant wipes and sanitizer.

What is your panic level? Should I be more worried?

• Like 1

Well, warmer weather will lessen the strength of the virus significantly. At least there's that.

The way I see it, I've still gotta live my life. I'll keep right on washing my hands after I go to the bathroom, using a paper towel to open the door in public bathrooms, and covering my mouth when I cough or sneeze, same as I always have.

Well, warmer weather will lessen the strength of the virus significantly. At least there's that.

The way I see it, I've still gotta live my life. I'll keep right on washing my hands after I go to the bathroom, using a paper towel to open the door in public bathrooms, and covering my mouth when I cough or sneeze, same as I always have.

This is where I am. I've been washing/sanitizing my hands a little more than normal, but that's about it. I've still not seen anything that shows this is worse than the flu.

We are supposed to go on a cruise to the Caribbean April 5th. We have the option to reschedule up until 48 hours before sailing, so I am keeping an eye on things. As of now, we are going.

• Like 1

This is where I am. I've been washing/sanitizing my hands a little more than normal, but that's about it. I've still not seen anything that shows this is worse than the flu.

We are supposed to go on a cruise to the Caribbean April 5th. We have the option to reschedule up until 48 hours before sailing, so I am keeping an eye on things. As of now, we are going.

I have a cruise planned for June, I don’t see how we go. The spread isn’t close to contained right now.

Let's talk about it, sensibly and keep it non-political.

Just saw a story that the head of NY's Port Authority has now tested positive. I was at a local store this weekend and chuckled at the empty shelves of disinfectant wipes and sanitizer.

What is your panic level? Should I be more worried?

I think it’s age dependent, the older you are, or regardless of age if you have any underlying health issues, I’d be pretty cautious right now.

I am honestly tired of hearing about it. I understand that it has caused deaths but almost all of those people were either elderly, immunocompromised, or some kind of underlying health issue. If you do not freak out about the flu, I do not understand why you would freak out about this. The economic ramifications are a whole other ball of wax however.

I am honestly tired of hearing about it. I understand that it has caused deaths but almost all of those people were either elderly, immunocompromised, or some kind of underlying health issue. If you do not freak out about the flu, I do not understand why you would freak out about this. The economic ramifications are a whole other ball of wax however.

Yup, they will write books about this stock market crash.

I have a cruise planned for June, I don’t see how we go. The spread isn’t close to contained right now.

We cancelled our June cruise to Alaska leaving out of Vancouver. My 60 year old wife has an immune deficiency. Unfortunately, an easy decision. Plus, my company banned international business travel until further notice. Personal international travel needs to be reported to our HR and I may be subject to a 14 day work from home quarantine when I got back. We'll go another time.

I worry about it specifically because of my 95-year-old grandmother and my girlfriend's 70-year-old father who's recovering from recent surgery and has respiratory problems. Extremely vulnerable people to this particular disease.

I worry less about me getting it. I worry a lot about me being out somewhere and then taking it on to them before I even know I'm carrying it.

Last week one of my gym buddies (Pablo) stood about 8 feet away from me while we talked.

I told him not pick up any of the dumbbells if he was that serious about it.

I think it is getting way, way too much coverage and it is creating a great buying opportunity for investors.

Honestly I’ve become weirdly panicky about it the last 24 hours, after watching Italy. I kindof had to do breathing exercises on the way to work this morning, not joking lol.

I just don’t remember the swine flu/H1N1 and SARS being anything like COVID 19. Of course I’m older now so maybe I’m just more cranky and paranoid. At any rate, who cares about sanitizer, I’m gonna stockpile coffee and beer and buzz my way through any quarantine... lol.

Honestly I’ve become weirdly panicky about it the last 24 hours, after watching Italy. I kindof had to do breathing exercises on the way to work this morning, not joking lol.

I just don’t remember the swine flu/H1N1 and SARS being anything like COVID 19. Of course I’m older now so maybe I’m just more cranky and paranoid. At any rate, who cares about sanitizer, I’m gonna stockpile coffee and beer and buzz my way through any quarantine... lol.

What @Pura Vida said!