Highlands 78 Beechwood 63

Great crowd tonight at Beechwood. Birds got back to business after the loss to St.Henry. Nice to see Draud play for the first time. He didn’t have the best game but he is really talented and hope to see him again in the Regional tourney. Off night for Vinson as well but Ahlfeld turned in a heck of a performance tonight. Rest of the Birds stepped up tonight. Time for post season. Need to win the District to get a good draw for Region. 9th tourney is going to be one of the better ones in the State.

Bluebirds shot the ball as well as any team I’ve seen this season. It was the difference in the game. They are a really good passing team too. Role players took the spotlight from the stars tonight. Hughes for Beechwood played as well as he’s played this season. Maybe Rylee is a 15 point difference if he plays next time; who knows. Highlands deserved to win this one.

That first half was like a west coast NBA late game. Up and down the floor, 3 after 3 by both teams. Was pretty fun to watch...especially if you're a Highlands fan. Ahlfeld was RIDICULOUS tonight - 6 of 7 from three and a game-high 20 points. Vinson and Muller played well and Zachary Barth off the bench was impressive.

Gonna be one heck of a 9th Region post season!

I just looked at the Beechwood stats. If I did not know what happened, I would guess Beechwood won based on the stats. It was one of Beechwood's best three point shooting nights of the season. Beechwood shot 45% overall and 41% on threes.

Hergott was the leading scorer with 14, Draud 13, Downton and Hughes had 11. Hughes had 11 and 7 rebounds in maybe one half of action. He should have played more in the second half.

Tell us your thoughts on the Bluebird CRUSHING of the Tigers. Just curious.

I’m interested in hearing your thoughts on St. Henry CRUSHING Highlands earlier this week? If you recall, Beechwood CRUSHED St. Henry two weeks ago.

Perhaps reading too much into one result isn’t a good idea? Amazing how a few of you in here forget so quickly.

Here is another thread about a Highlands game that goes completely away from discussing the game.

Now on to game, Highlands played well last night and did not have to rely solely on Sam Vinson. Hunter Ahfeld and Zachary Barth led the way IMO. The effort of Jack Delagrange is nice to see. I guy that brings the lunch pale to work each game and does all the dirty work. Luke Muller showed a little more to his game than the long threes and Sam Vinson locked down Scotty Draud pretty well to show he has more to his game than playing offense.

Liked the Beechwood complimentary pieces to go with Draud. Expect to see them at BB&T.