The Bengals Pestilence?

Joe Burrow is about to be damned. Poor guy will have to play for the Bengals. All I have heard for the past few days on talk radio, including national shows, is how bad the Bengals would be for Burrow and how he should try to get out of being drafted by them. I hate mindless story piggy backing. Really, Carson Palmer started it all with his ongoing anti-Bengals vendetta. But all these talk show people picked it up and just ran on with it like it is a thing. Give me a break. What a complete joke.

I don't like defending the Bengals, but let's face facts people. Are the Bengals the worst franchise in the NFL? NO! Over the past 10 years there are many NFL teams that have been worse than the Bengals. Why didn't people tell Baker Mayfield there is no way he should join the Browns? Talk about a disaster franchise. They have defined disaster in the NFL. Please, someone protect Kyler Murray from the Cardinals. They will destroy him!

Look, even after this year's terrible record, the Bengals are right in the middle of the NFL on the success scale over the past 10 years. They had a winning record for the decade heading into last year. They had multiple playoff appearances during the past decade. I argue every one of these teams have clearly been worse than the Bengals over the past ten years:

Cleveland, Arizona, Jaguars, Redskins, Jets, Bears, Lions.

There are several others that I could argue have also been worse.

The Bengals did not ruin Andy Dalton. They didn't ruin Carson Palmer. They won't ruin Joe Burrow.

32 teams in the league. 7 worse than the Bengals. I’m not at all certain that the “right in the middle” argument holds up on that basis alone.

I don’t disagree that there are franchises that have performed worse. I don’t disagree that it’s not a foregone conclusion that Burrow will get Bengalized. But please. Shore up the o-line.

32 teams in the league. 7 worse than the Bengals. I’m not at all certain that the “right in the middle” argument holds up on that basis alone.

I don’t disagree that there are franchises that have performed worse. I don’t disagree that it’s not a foregone conclusion that Burrow will get Bengalized. But please. Shore up the o-line.

Here you go:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2019/12/30/ranking-all-32-nfl-teams-by-record-in-the-2010s-decade/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwjW0LfQmsDnAhXbbc0KHfZjCyYQFjAHegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw0Ghxwi64XnMyCphdSVv8hh&ampcf=1

Bengals come in #17 for the past decade, almost dead center. Heading into last year, they were probably in the top 15 for the decade.

As bad as they are, there are many teams worse.

Here you go:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2019/12/30/ranking-all-32-nfl-teams-by-record-in-the-2010s-decade/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwjW0LfQmsDnAhXbbc0KHfZjCyYQFjAHegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw0Ghxwi64XnMyCphdSVv8hh&cf=1

Bengals come in #17 for the past decade, almost dead center. Heading into last year, they were probably in the top 15 for the decade.

As bad as they are, there are many teams worse.

How do they stack up over the last 5 years?

Better than the Browns. Was anyone saying Baker Mayfield should sit out and not go to Cleveland? That is my gripe in this thread.

I didn't realize people were saying that about Burrows.

If people are saying it, it is probably tongue in cheek. I've joked that he was partying with strippers and doing coke, trying to get the Bengals to pass on him.

I didn't realize people were saying that about Burrows.

If people are saying it, it is probably tongue in cheek. I've joked that he was partying with strippers and doing coke, trying to get the Bengals to pass on him.

Not tongue in cheek at all. It started with Carson Palmer suggesting Burrow should not go to the Bengals. Then national and local sports talk shows took the topic and ran with it. Dan Patrick opened his show with this story a couple days ago. I have heard it on multiple sports talk shows the past few days.

Not tongue in cheek at all. It started with Carson Palmer suggesting Burrow should not go to the Bengals. Then national and local sports talk shows took the topic and ran with it. Dan Patrick opened his show with this story a couple days ago. I have heard it on multiple sports talk shows the past few days.

I avoid national sports talk, so I guess that explains why I haven't heard it.

Better than the Browns. Was anyone saying Baker Mayfield should sit out and not go to Cleveland? That is my gripe in this thread.

Yes. They said that about Mayfield, though there was a simultaneous discussion that he was too short to play in the NFL so the "Baker don't go to Cleveland" and the "Cleveland don't draft Baker" noise canceled one another out.

My advice, draft Burrow, get him a good grief counselor, and hope he is ready to go by the time Rookie Camp rolls around.

It’s a joke. I mean Dan Patrick really used Akili Smith as an example of the Bengals ruining QBs. Completely ignoring the fact that when Akili Smith played for the Bengals, Tom Brady hadn’t even won a Super Bowl yet. The Bengals have had 2 QBs for the better part of 2 decades and both had success in Cincy and both went on to start for other teams in the league after leaving the Bengals (Andy Dalton will be a starting QB for some team next season.) The narrative that the Bengals will ruin Burrow is an absolute joke. Did people believe the Browns would ruin Baker Mayfield or the Rams would ruin Jared Goff or Tampa would ruin Jameis Winston? Hell no and all 3 of those teams hadn’t had anywhere near the level of success the Bengals have had in their recent history prior to landing the number 1 pick. It’s completely absurd and just shows how big of clowns sports media is.

Joe Burrow is about to be damned. Poor guy will have to play for the Bengals. All I have heard for the past few days on talk radio, including national shows, is how bad the Bengals would be for Burrow and how he should try to get out of being drafted by them. I hate mindless story piggy backing. Really, Carson Palmer started it all with his ongoing anti-Bengals vendetta. But all these talk show people picked it up and just ran on with it like it is a thing. Give me a break. What a complete joke.

I don't like defending the Bengals, but let's face facts people. Are the Bengals the worst franchise in the NFL? NO! Over the past 10 years there are many NFL teams that have been worse than the Bengals. Why didn't people tell Baker Mayfield there is no way he should join the Browns? Talk about a disaster franchise. They have defined disaster in the NFL. Please, someone protect Kyler Murray from the Cardinals. They will destroy him!

Look, even after this year's terrible record, the Bengals are right in the middle of the NFL on the success scale over the past 10 years. They had a winning record for the decade heading into last year. They had multiple playoff appearances during the past decade. I argue every one of these teams have clearly been worse than the Bengals over the past ten years:

Cleveland, Arizona, Jaguars, Redskins, Jets, Bears, Lions.

There are several others that I could argue have also been worse.

The Bengals did not ruin Andy Dalton. They didn't ruin Carson Palmer. They won't ruin Joe Burrow.

It’s a joke. I mean Dan Patrick really used Akili Smith as an example of the Bengals ruining QBs. Completely ignoring the fact that when Akili Smith played for the Bengals, Tom Brady hadn’t even won a Super Bowl yet. The Bengals have had 2 QBs for the better part of 2 decades and both had success in Cincy and both went on to start for other teams in the league after leaving the Bengals (Andy Dalton will be a starting QB for some team next season.) The narrative that the Bengals will ruin Burrow is an absolute joke. Did people believe the Browns would ruin Baker Mayfield or the Rams would ruin Jared Goff or Tampa would ruin Jameis Winston? Hell no and all 3 of those teams hadn’t had anywhere near the level of success the Bengals have had in their recent history prior to landing the number 1 pick. It’s completely absurd and just shows how big of clowns sports media is.

You both already hit on a lot of the same things I been saying on Twitter. It is ridiculous the narrative the national media is rubbing with.

I have always been a Palmer, but come on people why are they listening to someone who hasn’t played for them in over ten years. Not to mention the Bengals has more overall success once he left and put together one of the most talented teams in the league during that stretch once he left.

One of my other biggest issues is they are saying Burrow should force his way out so another team can get him. Well as mentioned what has these other teams drafting early in the draft who may want him done? Dan Patrick says Burrow should want to go to the Dolphins. The bengals have had more success over the last twenty years than the Dolphins. Not to mention the only thing attractive about the Dolphins right now is all the picks they have. Well for them to move up to get Burrow, they would be giving up a lot of those picks. So doesn’t that take away from the only thing that is attractive about them?

The media is trying its best to make a story out of this and to get Burrow to not want to come here. Yet completely ignoring how bad these other franchises are.