New Issue with Kareem Hunt

Browns RB, Kareem Hunt, was pulled over for speeding by Rocky River police near Cleveland and the police found a small amount of marijuana in the car. He was not cited for possession because of the small amount found, less than one gram. The officer smelled it and searched the car finding small amounts in a few places in the car, including a backpack in the back seat. But because he did not believe Hunt to be impaired and the amount of marijuana was so small, he sent Hunt on his way with a speeding ticket.

While Hunt is not in much trouble with the police, this may create problems for him with the Browns and the NFL. He was on a "zero tolerance" basis after his 8-game suspension ended this season. Hunt is due to become a restricted free agent in March. Will this incident cause the Browns or the NFL to take action against Hunt? Neither organization has yet released a statement indicating their response.

I recognize that he's on a "zero tolerance" gig but if he isn't arrested then it's nothing. People get speeding tickets every day and in the end, that's all it was. If they want to drug test him as a result then I could understand that but this alone wasn't much of anything.

It's the browns!! Doesn't make any difference what they do. If they keep him,he'll just do something else stupid. Probably get suspended again. If they let him go,he'll go somewhere else,rush for 2,000 yards,20 TD's ,become NFL- MVP!!!

I'm a browns fan,so I'm pretty use to most things going wrong...lol!!!

It is,what it is.

So the "zero" in "zero tolerance" is subjective? :rolleyes:

It was John Dorsey who said he was on a "zero tolerance" basis. Dorsey is no longer with the team. Who knows what the new coach/management team will do?

Of course, the video cam of the arrest has revealed the conversation taking place between the officer and Hunt. The officer is a huge Browns fan and knew all about Hunt's issues and how he has tried to clean up his act. Hunt admitted to him that if he was to take a drug test right then he would fail. Hunt was upset he was not going to the Super Bowl with his old team. The officer had compassion on him and only wrote a speeding ticket because he could tell Hunt was not impaired, though he had the weed and there was a smell of alcohol (from the night before). A bottle of vodka with a broken seal was in a backpack in the back seat.

This officer was being really nice.