Elizabethtown 81 John Hardin 74

Nobody picked Elizabethtown, therefore an upset. They will meet again in the regular season and probably in the district championship and regions. So a long way to go in this rivalry.

You’re from Hardin County I assume, so you know this is not an upset; nonetheless it is a great win for the kids at Etown.

John Hardin has all the tools, but this loss just goes to show that any team can lose on a given night. One of the things that makes Kentucky basketball great, there is a lot of parity.

I automatically thought that we all assumed this. JH was never head and shoulders above the state, they were just undefeated. I don't want to shower on Etown's parade because they deserve alot of credit for the win; but I just don't see this as this huge upset. Maybe it's because I'm familiar with this rivalry.

Elizabethtown played without one of the Sherard twins who is a starter and John Hardin has a 6’4 transfer who is from Hardin County but moved away in 7th grade that has now returned named Anthony Bowen. When Bowen becomes eligible he will add another division one player to their lineup.

These two teams will meet three more times this season.

Elizabethtown played without one of the Sherard twins who is a starter and John Hardin has a 6’4 transfer who is from Hardin County but moved away in 7th grade that has now returned named Anthony Bowen. When Bowen becomes eligible he will add another division one player to their lineup.

These two teams will meet three more times this season.

Bowen was next level when he left. He could flat out play; don't know what he's like now but when he left he was a baller. This will be scary for the state.