Head Honcho Analyzes the 10th

People have been CLAMORING to hear more from the Head Honcho. And there is nothing the Head Honcho, the prognosticator of prognosticators, the pope of the pork tenderloin, the prince of popcorn, the baron of basketball loves more than to talk 10th region. So. Here's my thoughts so far about halfway through the season.

We'll call these: The Honchies. MidSeason awards for the best region in the state!

Mid-Season Champs: Bracken County Polar Bears.

The reason for this is obvious. I've seen every game played in Polar Bear Blue and White since there was red in the uniforms, and this is the best team ever assembled. Mainly because of the man in the gray polo, Adam Reed. He has this team hungry, humble and hustling baby! He's a wizard with a whiteboard, and the rest of the region is going to have to catch up.

Best Coach NOT named Adam

This is a tie between 3 coaches. Kelsch, Elsbernd and Hinson. Obviously, each of them has roots in the Polar Bear program, so I have seen them, but you would have a hard time arguing with the coaching job each of them is doing. Augusta has knocked off some mighty foes, Robertson was on the cusp of another All A title, and Pendleton, after losing an all-timer in Dontaie Allen (GO CATS!), has really been playing great team ball lately.

Biggest surprise at the mid-point

Augusta. They lost Coach Reed and his kids and have STILL been playing great ball. They almost beat eventual All A champ Paris, (Another Honcho Prediction!! 10th Baby!) and they've hung on one Fleming and beaten Robertson. Coach Hinson has those boys running, and they're going to be a threat at the midpoint, I look for big things from them.

Best Game So Far

I'll remember as long as I live the showdown between border rivals Bracken and Robertson in the All A. After a not great showing previously in the year, Coach Reed had our boys ready come tournament time (Take NOTE!) And they played their tails off. We may have lost by 3 on the scoreboard, but our community was proud of the fight these boys showed!

End of Year Predictions

Depending on how the cursed draw plays out, don't be surprised to see Polar Bears vs Panthers in a district championship, and then again in a regional title tilt. Both teams are playing great basketball. It wouldn't shock me if GRC or Campbell snuck in there, but I think that come tournament time they won't be able to hang with the 39th!

The Head Honcho HAS SPOKEN.

I watched Bracken play Ryle earlier in the year and the Polar Bears looked completely unorganized, and were playing very uninspired basketball. Ryle was hustling everywhere, getting every rebound, scoring at will and it turned into a layup line in the second half. I am not impressed with Bracken County.

It was the only game I have seen Ryle play as well. Ryle wasnt extremely skilled but played WAYYY harder than Bracken County. Which to me is a sign of better coaching. So I would have a hard time believing that Adam Reed and his 5-13 Polar Bears are the midseason team of the year in the 10th Region. The teams they have beaten have a combined record of 23-45 and have yet to beat a team with a winning record.

It was the only game I have seen Ryle play as well. Ryle wasnt extremely skilled but played WAYYY harder than Bracken County. Which to me is a sign of better coaching. So I would have a hard time believing that Adam Reed and his 5-13 Polar Bears are the midseason team of the year in the 10th Region. The teams they have beaten have a combined record of 23-45 and have yet to beat a team with a winning record.

It’s satire or sarcasm, but a great way for you to plug a Ryle team with exactly 2 more wins than Bracken. smh.