Bald Eagle Sighting - Downtown Alexandria, KY

Mustang

So there I am sitting in the drive-thru lane at Burger King, when this bird flying on the other side of US 27 catches my eye. He has all of the mannerisms of an eagle, and I thought I caught a glimpse of the white head/tail markings, but he was too far away to be sure..

He then heads north to what I would guess about Hillcrest,and then returns in the same pattern and continues across US 27 broadside to me heading toward the AA Highway, and sure enough it is a bald eagle. White head and tail, etc..

Where do you think he came from and where was he going? I'm guessing the Ohio River..

What was he doing over top of a bustling city in the middle of the afternoon???

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

There's a nest on the River near Riverside marina in Dayton. The best way to catch a view of them is by Boat here in a couple of months. Hopefully our property location isn't being disturbed too much. It's a high traffic area for Turkey and Deer hunters. I do know the Game Warden checks on our property very often to make sure they are still safe.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Ever since spotting that Bald Eagle flying over US26 In Alexandria, I pay special attention to see if I can see another one in the same area.  While i have not seen any more Eagles, I do see an inordinate number of ducks.

I'm wondering if that particular airway, or window is a flyway for migrating birds. 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a 13 acre pond on my farm, and in the winter I regularly have four or five bald eagles dive-bombing the pond for food.  I attached a video I took from my porch.  In the summer, the eagles are replaced by Ospreys.  This is in Snowdoun, Alabama.

• Like 1