Kentucky 73 Arkansas 66

16thBBall Fan

Can someone tell me the rule for the foul vs Quickly? Was it called held ball n then flagarent on Quicky it foul on Ark first.

If foul in Arkansas why no shots for UK?

I think that they actually called a jump ball. The announcers thought that they called a foul on Arkansas (Which would have been the correct call), but I don't think they ever said that it was actually a jump ball on the telecast.

Can someone tell me the rule for the foul vs Quickly? Was it called held ball n then flagarent on Quicky it foul on Ark first.

If foul in Arkansas why no shots for UK?

I’m pretty sure they called jump ball which possession area was for Arkansas. Then when they looked at replay they got Quickley for the elbow. I don’t think they ever called a foul on Arkansas there.

Game was tied at 44 with 8:19 to play when Cal was ejected. It did seem to spark the Cats. It was funny that no coaches came up to pull him back.

To me the effect would have been in the foul calls (or no calls) moving forward, because I didn't see some great intensity spike or anything in the immediate aftermath. Arkansas hit three of four free throws to go up three. The teams then traded baskets, and the lead was still three. EJ hit a free throw to cut it to two, and then there wasn't any scoring for another minute. When Maxey got the and-1 to get them into the lead for good - the real thing I think sparked them - 2:20 of game time had elapsed from the ejection, and UK had only outscored them 3-2 in that span. That and-1 started a 12-0 run over the next 1:40.

I still don't think it was a good decision by Cal, but maybe I'm interpreting it wrong and that really was the thing that sparked them and/or changed the game. It was a risky gambit, because it allowed Arkansas to take a three point lead and have the ball.

To carry on about Montgomery from the update thread. You won’t get any argument from me, that he has been a disappointment so far this season, because I think we all thought he would have a big year this year. I been saying all year they need him to play to the potential he has. With that said, just because he hasn’t played as well as we hope and honestly had a terrible game today. It doesn’t mean us fans should be wishing a player to be gone. People did the same thing about Richards the last two years, and I argued with them on that too. Just because a player may not be where we want them to be, doesn’t mean we should be wishing they were gone. Sometimes it just takes longer for players to get it. We been spoiled with guys ready to contribute right away, and forgot sometimes it takes players awhile to figure it out. People seem to want stars, and they want the stars to stay four years lol. They forget players who stay three to four years usually aren’t great their freshman and sophomore years and is why they stay.

Not to mention with UK losing Sestina and most likely Richards this year. We should be hoping Montgomery does stay and doesn’t decide to go to the G league to develop. There is great potential there and hopefully it comes out at some point this year. If not then it may be next year like it took for Richards this year. I hate when people say things like they hope someone leaves, I defended that with Richards in the last and I will do the same here for Montgomery.

To me the effect would have been in the foul calls (or no calls) moving forward, because I didn't see some great intensity spike or anything in the immediate aftermath. Arkansas hit three of four free throws to go up three. The teams then traded baskets, and the lead was still three. EJ hit a free throw to cut it to two, and then there wasn't any scoring for another minute. When Maxey got the and-1 to get them into the lead for good - the real thing I think sparked them - 2:20 of game time had elapsed from the ejection, and UK had only outscored them 3-2 in that span. That and-1 started a 12-0 run over the next 1:40.

I still don't think it was a good decision by Cal, but maybe I'm interpreting it wrong and that really was the thing that sparked them and/or changed the game. It was a risky gambit, because it allowed Arkansas to take a three point lead and have the ball.

Who knows the reason. He has been saying he wants his team to fight. Maybe he was just trying to show he will fight for them too.

Interesting how quickly the staff put in a zone defense once Calipari was ejected.

Not really interesting at all. Cal used a zone for a little against South Carolina last game. Today with the foul trouble the Cats got into with guys fouling out, Hagans playing with four fouls, Maxey in foul trouble. They really had no choice but to go zone at that point once Montgomery also fouled out.

So not much to see here.

To carry on about Montgomery from the update thread. You won’t get any argument from me, that he has been a disappointment so far this season, because I think we all thought he would have a big year this year. I been saying all year they need him to play to the potential he has. With that said, just because he hasn’t played as well as we hope and honestly had a terrible game today. It doesn’t mean us fans should be wishing a player to be gone. People did the same thing about Richards the last two years, and I argued with them on that too. Just because a player may not be where we want them to be, doesn’t mean we should be wishing they were gone. Sometimes it just takes longer for players to get it. We been spoiled with guys ready to contribute right away, and forgot sometimes it takes players awhile to figure it out. People seem to want stars, and they want the stars to stay four years lol. They forget players who stay three to four years usually aren’t great their freshman and sophomore years and is why they stay.

Not to mention with UK losing Sestina and most likely Richards this year. We should be hoping Montgomery does stay and doesn’t decide to go to the G league to develop. There is great potential there and hopefully it comes out at some point this year. If not then it may be next year like it took for Richards this year. I hate when people say things like they hope someone leaves, I defended that with Richards in the last and I will do the same here for Montgomery.

Anyone who wants EJ gone are the same type of fan who believe they can predict the final 4 this season....

I’d love to have a junior EJ back.

Some fans think every 6’10” player recruited is going to be Anthony Davis 2.0... it’s just not realistic...