Open Job: John Hardin

What has happened to John Hardin?

Perennial regional championship contender for about a decade to not making it past the second round in 3 straight seasons... hopefully they can find an established coach that can bring some energy back into the program.

I like Coach Engstrand. We were ahead of them 3 TD's in our bowl and they came back and got us. Was a miserable ending, but all credit to him, his staff and their kids. They kept playing hard and got it done. I wish him, his family, and the Bulldogs all the best.

I know an assistant coach on the John Hardin football team who commented during the season that there was no organization to practices and therefore, a lot of time was wasted. I also know based on coaching middle school in the Hardin County area that John Hardin enrollment was down in the 700s this year down 400 from it's heyday (2006-2015) and the feeder middle school (Bluegrass), football participation numbers have really been down with barely 20-25 kids on this middle school team for the last several years. Also telling, is the fact that Bluegrass Middle School lost last year to West Hardin Middle school, who beat Bluegrass for their first district win in 9 years. Somebody with some passion needs to take over the High school program and start getting area kids interested in playing for John Hardin again. They also need to get someone into that middle school and start building a feeder program like it once had.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not putting names out here.

They ARE technically covered under public records (so someone can get them if they really want them), but it is not worth burning that bridge.

Posting applicants' names does more harm than good.

Now if the school comes out and says it had like 100 applicants and 10 finalists, THEN I would pull the records and call the school out for lying and trying to make the interest more than what it was.