Working out 2020

newarkcatholicfan

I have worked out 16 days this year and will hit the gym after work today. I have gotten in 17 straight days, with 15 of those doing cardio (Bike and/or treadmill) and I have kept my calorie level at a lower count then I have set on myfitnesspal.com, but I have gained 8 pounds this year. Not happy but still going to fight the fight.

Edited by newarkcatholicfan

I have worked out 16 days this year and will hit the gym after work today. I have gotten in 17 straight days, with 15 of those doing cardio (Bike and/or treadmill) and I have kept my calorie level at a lower count then I have set on myfitnesspal.com, but I have gained 8 pounds this year. Not happy but still going to fight the fight.

I do not know much about your workout or eating habits, but a low calorie count does not always equal weight loss. Putting the right things in your body is much more important than the bottom line of calorie intake.

Also, use the blue jean test, not the weight test. Are they fitting better?

I do not know much about your workout or eating habits, but a low calorie count does not always equal weight loss. Putting the right things in your body is much more important than the bottom line of calorie intake.

Also, use the blue jean test, not the weight test. Are they fitting better?

I have not tried the jeans on yet. I am doing that at the end of each month.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a fake knee job last summer, so I was limited as to what I could do for the back half of the year, but I am now able to do a lot more so I am hitting the exercycle and elliptical machines 4 to 5 times a week plus my normal weight routine, but I am able to add squats with dumbells. I maintain a farm and horses, so I get a lot of functional exercise walking, moving hay, working with the horses and riding. I've cleaned up my diet a bit (although not enough yet), and I have lost about 7 pounds from the right places. I'm within 3 pounds of my target now, but at this point is more about body fat than total weight, and I still have a bit to go.

• 3 weeks later...