Covington Catholic 41 Cooper 6

Congratulations to Cov Cath. As expected they came prepared and it appears they weren't looking past Cooper. They took care of their business. It's win or go home time.

I saw a few positive things for Cooper during the game. I believe there is talent on this team. As the past few weeks, Cooper turnovers cause the problem. The outcome of too many games this year have been impacted by turnovers and even worse allowing them to continue. However, I believe the problems run deeper. Turnovers are due to issues with execution. Execution issues are due to bigger problems.

Today's player might be different than the players in the past. It is a different time. However, todays players are no different than any other program playing today! I struggle believing the players in Union are different than the players in Hebron, Park Hills, Fort Thomas, Cincinnati, Lexington, etc. So what is the answer?

I am sure there are many programs asking the same question this morning. So again, what is the answer for Cooper?

Edited by footballlife360

Cooper loses two to CCH, one to DeSales, one to Conner. Maybe their young players just need to get physically stronger and a little more experienced. Played Highlands pretty tough too. Sounds to me like the poster has other agenda though.

Congratulations to Cov Cath. As expected they came prepared and it appears they weren't looking past Cooper. They took care of their business. It's win or go home time.

I saw a few positive things for Cooper during the game. I believe there is talent on this team. As the past few weeks, Cooper turnovers cause the problem. The outcome of too many games this year have been impacted by turnovers and even worse allowing them to continue. However, I believe the problems run deeper. Turnovers are due to issues with execution. Execution issues are due to bigger problems.

Today's player might be different than the players in the past. It is a different time. However, todays players are no different than any other program playing today! I struggle believing the players in Union are different than the players in Hebron, Park Hills, Fort Thomas, Cincinnati, Lexington, etc. So what is the answer?

I am sure there are many programs asking the same question this morning. So again, what is the answer for Cooper?

The AD needs to fire the coach.😂😂😂😂

Post like this is post we seen around here in on this website on Beechwood threads 6 years about their program after falling short many times, questioning if those coaches could get Beechwood over the top. No change was made and things worked out with same coaches, same system. 4 years ago you seen type of post like this at Conner. People or I should more say parents questioning the program, people wondering why they started a younger qb over someone else. Parents talked about how they had the talent, but wasn't getting it done. No change was made, running same system, etc and people seem good with it now. So it seemed in those cases if the coaches and systems are still the same. Yet you don't see the same complaining in those places anymore. So maybe what some of those people or parents of those programs were complaining about were just wrong as evident by how same coaches, same system are still at those places.

Take last night for instance. One turnover came where Michael Mayer beat a block and used a perfect tomahawk strip sack for a turnover. Which he has done to a lot of teams. Another drive ended when one of Coopers best players fumbled the ball 15 yards backwards on a run. Same player looked like he also also stopped on a route which led to a pick 6. So a rough two plays there for him unfortunately. Another interception on a good throw simply bounced off a wrs hands for another pick 6. Which you see happen in NFL games too. Two other interceptions were completely bad throws.

So turnovers happen for many different reasons. Players not executing and doing what they were coached, sometimes a play call a coach may want back, some times bad luck. Some years turnovers just happen more than others unfortunately. No doubt next year they will have to cut down on some of the turnovers, which I expect next year they will with their sophomore QB coming back who while he had some mistakes this year, did show a lot of promise. I see him making a big jump next year and being one of the best qbs in NKY to go along with having one of the top centers up front protecting him leading the way as a senior.

Congrats and best of luck to the seniors at Cooper. From what I can tell they are all great young men with bright futures. Also good luck to Covcath the rest of the way.

I fully expected a response like the one provided by Futurecoach. I asked a simple question, “so what is the answer for Cooper?” The answer provided is basically turnovers happen (detailed account) and time will fix the program just like other schools and fans shouldn’t have an opinion. Fair enough, but I disagree.

My post was asking a question. It wasn’t calling out or challenging anyone or any coach. It was asking what is the answer to get Cooper back to its successful times as precisely detailed out weeks ago by Futurecoach. My post was making a point that Cooper has talent. No question about it. The young QB, young receivers, a talented lineman and many more possible contributors.

Websites like this are designed for discussions. Asking questions, sharing ideas with other members is the whole concept.

Let’s be clear, I made no mention of making changes. Futurecoach, you assumed that. I asked simply what is next to get this program - that we agree has talent - to the next level.

I hope there arent active coaches trolling this website. There would be no benefit for it.

The simple answer is the coaches messed up at Cooper. They already had one of the best qbs in nky. You say you see a lot of promise from the new QB but look at numbers.

#5 (sophomore yr)

1300 yds

89 per game

9 tds 17 int

#7 (sophomore yr)

1000 yds

101 per game

12 tds 6 int.

+

750 (on the ground)

12 tds

Now looking at these numbers who has more potential? It looks like there where other motives involved in that decision. I want to make it clear I'm not trying to attack the new Qb but these are just facts. I don't think it's the kids fault he just wasn't ready.

On top of that the coaches ran off three starters this year. Which means three of your top 11 guys because Cooper plays there starters both ways. What's the excuse for that?

When the kids would rather quit then play for the coaching staff then there's a problem and it's not the kids. It's time for Coopers head coach to go but it's not gone happen because who would stop there self from collecting two checks even if it was for the better.

The simple answer is the coaches messed up at Cooper. They already had one of the best qbs in nky. You say you see a lot of promise from the new QB but look at numbers.

#5 (sophomore yr)

1300 yds

89 per game

9 tds 17 int

#7 (sophomore yr)

1000 yds

101 per game

12 tds 6 int.

+

750 (on the ground)

12 tds

Now looking at these numbers who has more potential? It looks like there where other motives involved in that decision. I want to make it clear I'm not trying to attack the new Qb but these are just facts. I don't think it's the kids fault he just wasn't ready.

On top of that the coaches ran off three starters this year. Which means three of your top 11 guys because Cooper plays there starters both ways. What's the excuse for that?

When the kids would rather quit then play for the coaching staff then there's a problem and it's not the kids. It's time for Coopers head coach to go but it's not gone happen because who would stop there self from collecting two checks even if it was for the better.

#7 is a great player at Cooper. With that said if Cooper got a whole new coaching staff next year. I would be willing to bet that #7 would still be at wr and used in multiple ways still and #5 would still be the starting qb even if Cooper got a whole new staff next year.

Look what happened when they got rid of Rick Thompson. Coach Borchers is a solid coach. Get behind him and let him do his job. Or take your son elsewhere.

When Highlands, Beechwood, or Covington Catholic underperforms with the talent they have , the community as a collective has enough common sense to understand facts from politics. I think it’s toxic when Cooper fans are ok with mediocrity. I expected a 8-2 season and 2nd round exit to CCH this year. 3 very winnable games (Conner, Ryle, Highlands) all decided within 7 points. The turnovers where the back breaker. They had some really solid protection and a stellar defense this year and only finished ahead of Boone County. I think that they will be better than those teams next year, because the district will be down, but I think the “win now” not next year approach applies to anyone that’s not on the in NFL. Kill the politics and just go for the win.