Upcoming Movies You'd Like To See (2020 Edition)

The trailers for upcoming 2020 movies are starting to make their way out, so it figured I'd go ahead and give this thread a start.

For past years' threads:

2015 Upcoming Movies You'd Like To See

Upcoming Movies You'd Like To See (2016 Edition)

Upcoming Movies You'd Like To See (2017 Edition)

Upcoming Movies You'd Like To See (2018 Edition)

Upcoming Movies You'd Like To See (2019 Edition)

Mr. Jones

Director Agnieszka Holland has done a lot of acclaimed work, including directing several notable episodes of notable television series like The Wire, Treme, House of Cards, and The Killing. It's starring Vanessa Kirby (The Crown), Peter Sarsgaard (Jarhead, Black Mass) and James Norton, and it's based around the clandestine uncovering of the Soviet famine, and particularly the allegedly deliberate effort by Stalin to concentrate the effects of the famine in the Ukraine as a way of destroying the Ukrainian independence movement.

[video=youtube;88Rz0ye5c-4]

Death on the Nile

After making Murder On The Orient Express in 2017 (which I really liked well) Kenneth Brannagh is working on his second mystery movie based on an Agatha Christie book and her character Hercule Poirot. Cast will include Kenneth Branagh as Poirot, Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman), Armie Hammer (The Social Network, The Lone Ranger, The Man From U.N.C.L.E.), and Rose Leslie (Downton Abbey, Game Of Thrones).

No Time To Die

James Bond film number 25, which is (again) alleged to be Daniel Craig's last as 007. Cary Joji Fukunaga is directing. He's previously executive produced and directed several episode's of HBO's True Detective, along with directing the critically acclaimed war film Beasts Of No Nation. Cast includes Craig, Rami Malek (Mr. Robot, Bohemian Rhapsody), Ralph Fiennes (Schindler's List, The English Patient, Harry Potter series), Naomie Harris (28 Days Later, Pirates Of The Caribbean series), Léa Seydoux (Inglourious Basterds, Midnight in Paris), Ben Whishaw (Perfume, The Danish Girl, Mary Poppins Returns), Jeffrey Wright (Westworld, The Hunger Games series), and Ana de Armas (War Dogs, Blade Runner: 2049).

Ghostbusters 2020

I'm a little nervous about this one, because I reeeeeeeeally hope they aren't running a classic into the ground. They brought back the surviving members of the original cast - Dan Akroyd, Bill Murray, Ernie Hudson, Sigourney Weaver, Annie Potts - and the movie is going to be directed by Jason Reitman (Thank You for Smoking, Juno, Up in the Air), who is son of the original movie's director Ivan Reitman. They have been keeping pretty tight-lipped about the plot details.

Dune

Set for December 2020, it's still more than a year away. It's one of my favorite books of all time and Denis Villaneuve has assembled a really talented cast. I'm worried they all pale in comparison to Alejandro Jodorowsky's project that never saw the light of day, but I'm excited nonetheless.

Tenet

Christopher Nolan is writing and directing a 2020 movie that's managed to stay largely under wraps. It's an international espionage action/thriller.....and that's about all the further anyone has gotten about plot details, despite Nolan's release of a teaser trailer. It will star Robert Pattinson, John David Washington (BlacKkKlansman), Elizabeth Debicki (The Man from U.N.C.L.E., Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2), Michael Caine, and Kenneth Branagh.

• 1 month later...
Colonels_Wear_Blue said:
Ghostbusters 2020

I'm a little nervous about this one, because I reeeeeeeeally hope they aren't running a classic into the ground. They brought back the surviving members of the original cast - Dan Akroyd, Bill Murray, Ernie Hudson, Sigourney Weaver, Annie Potts - and the movie is going to be directed by Jason Reitman (Thank You for Smoking, Juno, Up in the Air), who is son of the original movie's director Ivan Reitman. They have been keeping pretty tight-lipped about the plot details.

The first trailer has been released, and they have the movie tapped for Summer 2020 release.

No Time To Die

James Bond film number 25, which is (again) alleged to be Daniel Craig's last as 007. Cary Joji Fukunaga is directing. He's previously executive produced and directed several episode's of HBO's True Detective, along with directing the critically acclaimed war film Beasts Of No Nation. Cast includes Craig, Rami Malek (Mr. Robot, Bohemian Rhapsody), Ralph Fiennes (Schindler's List, The English Patient, Harry Potter series), Naomie Harris (28 Days Later, Pirates Of The Caribbean series), Léa Seydoux (Inglourious Basterds, Midnight in Paris), Ben Whishaw (Perfume, The Danish Girl, Mary Poppins Returns), Jeffrey Wright (Westworld, The Hunger Games series), and Ana de Armas (War Dogs, Blade Runner: 2049).