11th Region tops teams and sleepers

I feel like the 11th will look a lot like it did last year with a few changes. Here is my top 10.

1. Scott Co.

2. Franklin Co.

3. Henry Clay

4. Dunbar

5. Berea

6. Lexington Catholic

7. Madison Southern

8. Lafayette

9. Great Crossings

10. Tates Creek

Rumored that Henry Clay's Amiya Jenkins and Maddie Kauffman have transferred to Anderson County and Tates Creek respectively. If this is true Henry Clay will struggle early but still have some good young talent.

Henry Clay still has plenty of talent and experience. But Jenkins and Kauffman are key losses. I might should have put Great Crossings on the list. I understand they got some of the talent that Scott County had.

Did they take any key players away from Scott co?

Scott County returned all players that started last season except for the players that graduated. The returning players they have are 6”4 Malea Williams guard/forward that is being recruited by most Division 1 teams in the country and is a top player in the senior class. Morgan DeFoor also returns at guard, she’s also committed to Morehead State and will sign very soon. DeFoor is a top player in the senior class statewide as well. Also returning starter is junior forward Kenady Tompkins who is solid in the post and is a top player in the junior class statewide. The Lady Cards also return a solid supporting cast and have also added several newcomers that will contribute immediately.

There was not an exodus of players from the program. Only one player that played significant varsity minutes and did not start last season went to the other school to play. Scott county Lady Cardinals have back to back state tournament appearances, 2018, 2019, won a school record 34 wins last season, had the 11th region player of the year in Maaliya Owens, had the 2018 and 2019 eleventh region coach of the year in Coach Steve Helton. Scott County also led the state in scoring last season. Not much to be unhappy about unless you weren’t part of the success and felt as if you didn’t play enough. Obviously the TEAM was successful and that’s what matters. TEAM equals Scott County tradition.

With Scott County not losing much. They are still the favorites in the 11th? But I can see why some would put Franklin County ahead. Having the top PG in the region and help around her. Again, like guru said ranking are just that. Scott County must have had trouble getting teams to schedule them. The exodus thing came from the coach. Can't argue with the success the have had.