Clint Boling (Bengals) Retires

Why'd he wait to announce?

Health issue with blood clots. On medication. I think he finally decided the risk was more than he wanted to take.

Yeah, the thing I read was it came down to his family. Said if he was single and all his life revolved around was just football, he might have made a different decision. But, with a family, he had to take that into consideration. Got no problem with him bowing out because of that.

Another exciting season in Cincy. 40% of the line is gone before the start of camp.

Gonna be a long season.

This literally has changed nothing from the previous 4 months. It has been pretty well known the Bengals were preparing to not have Boling, and he was even mentioned to possibly be a cap casualty. Hence, the reason the Bengals had moved big Cody Glenn to left guard before Jonah William's got hurt. Imo this really changes nothing for the Bengals, as I don't believe he was a big lost. How the line does this year comes down to two players imo and that is Bobby Hart, and Billy Price. The Bengals really need Price to play well, because he was not good last year at all as a rookie.

• 3 weeks later...