What is your favorite restaurant "freebie?"

Randy Parker

I don't know how else to title this, but what is your favorite restaurant freebie? I'm talking O'Charley's rolls, Red Lobster's Cheddar Biscuits, Olive Garden's Salad & Breadsticks, etc. Which one of those "freebies" is your favorite?

Olive Garden salad for me.

I’m a huge fan of Italian places that have bread that you dip in olive oil and spices. Don’t care what restaurant it is, if you have that I’m all in. Close second would be the chips and creamy jalapeño dip at Chuys.

I’m a huge fan of Italian places that have bread that you dip in olive oil and spices. Don’t care what restaurant it is, if you have that I’m all in. Close second would be the chips and creamy jalapeño dip at Chuys.

I am with you on the bread with olive oil.

Also, if I am able to color on a table, that is cool as well.

We are agreeing way too often lately....

Must be the offseason. :lol2:

Texas Roadhouse rolls are hard to beat.

Yes they are!

Rant: I never understand why servers can't figure out how to divide the number of guest into the number of rolls they bring. Example, there are 5 of you dining and you get 4 rolls. Or the are 3 of you dining and you get 5 instead of 6. How ever many guest there should be enough rolls for everyone to get an equal amount, without having to ask for them.

Yes they are!

Rant: I never understand why servers can't figure out how to divide the number of guest into the number of rolls they bring. Example, there are 5 of you dining and you get 4 rolls. Or the are 3 of you dining and you get 5 instead of 6. How ever many guest there should be enough rolls for everyone to get an equal amount, without having to ask for them.

I'm convinced they do this on purpose. :lol2:

Here is a different one. My wife will absolutely wear out a server at Graeter's Ice Cream. Her record is asking for 10 free spoons of various flavors of ice cream before making her final selection (which, by the way, was none of the 10 because she knew what she wanted when she walked into the place).

Here is a different one. My wife will absolutely wear out a server at Graeter's Ice Cream. Her record is asking for 10 free spoons of various flavors of ice cream before making her final selection (which, by the way, was none of the 10 because she knew what she wanted when she walked into the place).

My late grandmother would sample every daggone flavor at Baskin Robbins. Then she'd stand there with her arms folded and say, "I think I'll have a scoop of Vanilla."