Erick Dick to take over as head football coach at Lousville Holy Cross in 2020.

RELEASE DATE:

June 13, 2019

HOLY CROSS HIGH SCHOOL ANNOUNCES NEW FOOTBALL COACH TO BEGIN IN THE 2020 SEASON

Holy Cross has made its selection of the “coach in waiting” as current head coach, Bob Bronger, announces this will be his final season as Head Football Coach.

[LOUISVILLE, KY-JUNE 13] — Holy Cross High School Head Football Coach has announced he will be retiring from coaching after the 2019 season. Beginning in the 2020-2021 school year, Eric Dick will take over as the school’s Head Football Coach. Coach Dick currently serves as Offensive Coordinator on Coach Bronger’s staff. He has coached in the Best of the Bluegrass and East/West All Star games and has nearly 15 years of experience as a head and assistant coach in Jefferson County Public Schools including working under Bronger at Fern Creek High School from 2003-2006. Dick earned his Bachelor of Science in Physical Education for the University of Louisville and his Master of Science in Special Education from Spalding University. He is a 1999 graduate of St. Xavier High School and currently teaches Special Education for Jefferson County Public Schools.

Holy Cross Athletic Director, Kent Foushee commented, “When Coach Bronger informed us of his decision to step down at the end of the 2019 season to further enjoy his retirement, we felt it imperative to name a ‘Coach in Waiting’ so that our new coach could begin to develop relationships with future Cougars and our alumni. We feel Eric Dick is the right man to lead our program into the future. He has a great knowledge of the game of football, but most importantly, will serve as a great leader and role model for our young men. Bob Bronger commented, “I have known Eric for more than 15 years and have enjoyed watching him grow as a man and as a coach. He has the passion and work ethic to grow the great tradition that is Holy Cross football.”

Eric Dick commented, “I’ve never been more excited about an opportunity in my life. To be the head football coach at Holy Cross means everything to me. I will give my best day in and day out. To be a part of a program with so much tradition is something you dream about as a coach. I can’t wait to get started. Go Cougars”