6 teams to receive notice of allegations!

Jumper_Dad

I'm reading that at least 6 teams will receive notice of allegations based on information derived from the FBI investigation and subsequent trial testimony.

You have to think that Auburn, Arizona, Oklahoma State and Southern California are four of the schools. Some speculation is that some combination of Creighton, Kansas, NC State, Louisville and Oregon will make up the other two schools. The first two schools are expected to be notified in July and the other schools later in the summer.

So who will the 6 schools be?

What if any punishment do we expect, wrist slap, wrath of god or something in between?

Edited by Jumper_Dad
Correcting info

One would think 5 of the 6 would be Arizona, Kansas, Louisville, NC State, and USC, since those programs have indicated they are under NCAA investigation. If those are 5 of the 6, then it would seem likely the 6 would come from one of the following: Auburn, Oklahoma State, Creighton, LSU, or Oregon.

I thought that I read of the 6 only 2 were high profile. If it is true that only 2 high profile D1 teams are to receive the notice, my guess is that the 2 high profile will be Arizona and LSU.

I thought that I read of the 6 only 2 were high profile. If it is true that only 2 high profile D1 teams are to receive the notice, my guess is that the 2 high profile will be Arizona and LSU.

That's the way I took it as well.

Per CBS, the NCAA VP for regulatory affairs stated that the six schools receiving notice would be "only those schools involved in eligibility issues", which could be taken to mean that Louisville is not included in this round as none of the Adidas mess actually affected eligibility, just other potential recruiting violations.

Must be nice, hey criminals we are putting you on notice, please start covering your tracks now.

The whole thing is a mess. The federal court trials have ended, during which federal prosecutors and the NCAA both asserted that the schools were victims of individual agents. Now the NCAA is turning around and issuing notices of violations to their victims.

The whole thing is a mess. The federal court trials have ended, during which federal prosecutors and the NCAA both asserted that the schools were victims of individual agents. Now the NCAA is turning around and issuing notices of violations to their victims.

Yep, everyone is a victim. LOL

Per CBS, the NCAA VP for regulatory affairs stated that the six schools receiving notice would be "only those schools involved in eligibility issues", which could be taken to mean that Louisville is not included in this round as none of the Adidas mess actually affected eligibility, just other potential recruiting violations.

Thought they held out Bowden(?) for the year because they felt he would be declared ineligible retroactively forcing all games he played to be forfeited.

Thought they held out Bowden(?) for the year because they felt he would be declared ineligible retroactively forcing all games he played to be forfeited.

There are no eligibility issues for the NCAA to review because he never played a single minute at UofL. There are only possible recruiting violations.

Bowen was never "officially" on the team, and never played.

Where did you hear this?