Pioneer Athletic Conference (PAC)

With the football team schedules coming up, there have been some questions raised in several of the threads regarding "To Be Determined" games during the non-district competition week of November 1st with teams that are competing in the "PAC Championships".

From the Campbellsville football schedule thread, we heard from @Sport of Kings that there are 6 schools that got together and created the Pioneer Athletic Conference (PAC). There are two divisions - North and South. Kentucky Country Day, Atherton, and Washington County all compete in the North Division, and Campbellsville, Adair County, and Metcalfe County all compete in the South Division. Then during the final week of the regular season, games are scheduled between the six teams based on regular season results. #1 from South will play #1 from North to determine the Conference Champion. #2 plays #2, and #3 plays #3.

In the process of getting the Adair County schedule from Coach Clay Stephens, I was informed that there are now two Pioneer Athletic Conference expansion teams in Shawnee and Hart County, who both joined the PAC Conference after the schedules for 2019 and 2020 were made. Shawnee is now coached by Ken Walker who took over with the Golden Eagles this year after leaving Atherton, where he was a founding head coach of the PAC. Shawnee and Hart County be eligible to play in the PAC Championship in the 2021 season.

November 1st, 2019 PAC Championship Series:

PAC North #1 vs PAC South #1 (Championship)

PAC North #2 vs PAC South #2

PAC North #3 vs PAC South #3

PAC North Teams:

Atherton

Kentucky Country Day

Washington County

*Shawnee

PAC South Teams:

Adair County

Campbellsville

Metcalfe County

*Hart County

*Eligible for the PAC Championship in 2021.

I really like this idea. It would be interesting to see if more schools start doing something like this.

Me too. I think its a good way to give your team a competitive week 10 game going into the playoffs. If you're decent, you'll play someone decent. If you're bad, you'll play someone bad.