Trinity vs. McCracken County (Whitaker Bank/KHSAA State Baseball Semifinal)

Who advances to the state championship?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who advances to the state championship?

• Trinity
    • McCracken County

The Shamrocks (35-5) routed Hazard in five innings to advance to the semifinals, while McCracken County (33-7) had to fend off a late inning threat from Rowan County to advance to the school's fourth straight final four, though the Mustangs have yet to advance to the championship game.

Is this the year McCracken breaks through and plays for a state title, or will Trinity avenge 2017's state tournament loss to the Mustangs and continue its pursuit of the school's first ever state baseball championship?

Edited by DevilMayCare
Correction

I'm having a hard time with this one. It seems Trinity is swinging the bats as good as anyone lately. McCracken is very sound defensively and have great pitching all around.

Both teams have won their fair share of games by a lot of runs. They have also equally won quite a few games that were within only a run or two. Both played well in late innings in big games.

You wouldn't think the winner comes away with more than 3-4 runs, but these games can surprise.

I'm split on this one. It's a 50/50 game. I won't be surprised either way. Two very good teams.