James Bolden transferring from WVU

nkufan23

Junior guard James Bolden has decided to leave the WVU program and become a grad transfer.

Great kid, great player and a warrior on the court. West Virginia is a mess right now and Bolden has had an injury plagued season as well. Can’t blame him for leaving. I’d love to see him finish his career out closer to home, NKU maybe.

For me he’s the most exciting player to come out of NKY in the last 10 years.

I wonder if Calipari goes after him as a Perimeter shooter. Very polished player that will help someone Big time next year.

I know coming out of HS Bolden was a huge UK fan and I believe called it his dream school at one point. Cal could certainly use his leadership and shooting. I’ll never forget when Bolden as a sophomore faced off against Senior Dominique Hawkins in the State Tournament and in my opinion out played him.

Whoever gets Beetle is getting someone that will help their program in a big way.

I wonder if Calipari goes after him as a Perimeter shooter. Very polished player that will help someone Big time next year.

My guess would be that it would depend on who stays and who goes. If none of the guards leave than they already have a pretty full backcourt. This assuming that that there is mutual interest between Cal and Bolden in the first place.

Even if it's not UK I'd love to see him land somewhere closer to home. Fun guy to watch play. It's a shame he landed in West Virginia as it started to struggle.

I know coming out of HS Bolden was a huge UK fan and I believe called it his dream school at one point. Cal could certainly use his leadership and shooting. I’ll never forget when Bolden as a sophomore faced off against Senior Dominique Hawkins in the State Tournament and in my opinion out played him.

Whoever gets Beetle is getting someone that will help their program in a big way.

My guess would be that it would depend on who stays and who goes. If none of the guards leave than they already have a pretty full backcourt. This assuming that that there is mutual interest between Cal and Bolden in the first place.

Bolden "Beetle" is probably my most favorite high school player I have got to watch live. I was hoping UK would offer and he would end up at UK after high school. I still would love for him to end up at UK. However, I think chances of him coming to UK probably are slim to none.

If he is going to transfer, he is going to want to go somewhere that he knows he will most likely start and play a lot since it will be his last year. That would be hard to do at UK. Especially with it probably being 50/50 on if people like Herro and Hagans leaving. Which I think the chances of Hagans leaving is going down. Herro probably should come back, but you just never know. Quickley will definitely be here, they have Maxey coming in, still have Baker too.

So as much as I would love to see him in a UK uniform, it wouldn't be in is best interest to come here to play his last season. I am not as familiar with the other teams rosters, but I would think Louisville, Xavier and NKU could be good spots for him.

Of the local schools I would definitely think UL and X would be the most likely options. UK is going to be too crowded at guard next season. Not that they don’t need an experienced guard in their backcourt, but I’m not sure if splitting minutes and potentially coming off the bench is what Beetle is looking for.

Chris Mack recruited him heavily, he was very close to going to Xavier, UC watched him a few times and decided to go with Jennifer instead of Bolden. Beetle would be a nice player for NKU for sure, when healthy he is very very good. Wish him the best.