Working out 2019

newarkcatholicfan

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back at the gym this morning. His time last year I was 223lbs. I’m at 209 this morning. I was at 189 around the 3rd week of October, but had a devastating loss in the family that started that week and ended day before thanksgiving. That killed any drive and motivation I had going, also led to depression eating and drinking. I got back into lifting and running two weeks ago but today it’s get back to real on the eating front.

I do a full body workout Monday evenings, Chest/Back Wednesdays, arms Thursday and legs Friday. I run/walk Tuesday and Thursday evenings and run Saturday mornings.

The big thing for Saturday morning runs and not drinking Friday nights, which I’ve been successful with the last two fridays. I don’t drink more than a couple days a week but fridays have been one of those days.

I’ll keep you posted

Back at the gym this morning. His time last year I was 223lbs. I’m at 209 this morning. I was at 189 around the 3rd week of October, but had a devastating loss in the family that started that week and ended day before thanksgiving. That killed any drive and motivation I had going, also led to depression eating and drinking. I got back into lifting and running two weeks ago but today it’s get back to real on the eating front.

I do a full body workout Monday evenings, Chest/Back Wednesdays, arms Thursday and legs Friday. I run/walk Tuesday and Thursday evenings and run Saturday mornings.

The big thing for Saturday morning runs and not drinking Friday nights, which I’ve been successful with the last two fridays. I don’t drink more than a couple days a week but fridays have been one of those days.

I’ll keep you posted

What/how are you eating? I'm considering doing keto again since I was successful the first time I did it, the problem is keto is just not sustainable, IMO.

No keto for me. I just eat a lot of protein, and keep it healthy during the work day. Since I have three little kids eating 100% healthy dinner every night is out of the question. So on those nights I do my calorie counter and keep it light. I’ve found for myself (I’m 5’8”)

If I stay at around 1700-1800 calories a day and excercise regularly, I lose about 1-2 pounds per week.

My goal is as much protein as possible 60 grams of fat and keep carbs (not including greens) to a minimum (around 40 grams).

Breakfast is protein after a workout. 8 egg whites for snack and chicken with salad for lunch. That gives me some

Lee way on more calories at dinner. But since I run after dinner that keeps fromiver eating as well (hate running on an full stomach). It’s worked well for me in the past.

I'm at the heaviest I've been in 10 years. Was at 188 yesterday. Started a weight loss comp at work with 2 other guys, my goal is to get to 165 but will be thrilled with 170.

Working out isn't my issue but I really let my diet go to crap in the last few months.

2018 was a good year for me, I was able to learn several new skills at gym including kipping pull-ups, stringing toes to bar together, double under jump ropes, and I have made much progress on handstand pushups. Not sure how much my overall cardio has improved; however, on most lifts (given my mobility in my shoulders - or lack thereof) I am probably as strong as I am ever going to get.

Goal for 2019 - a bar muscle up. :D

2018 was a good year for me, I was able to learn several new skills at gym including kipping pull-ups, stringing toes to bar together, double under jump ropes, and I have made much progress on handstand pushups. Not sure how much my overall cardio has improved; however, on most lifts (given my mobility in my shoulders - or lack thereof) I am probably as strong as I am ever going to get.

I saw some of your workout videos OB, they were so impressive I was shocked, keep up the good work!

I'm kind of where you are on strength...I've basically maxed out. My goal now is to maintain that and get leaner and lighter. Some of my gymnastics/body weight movements have suffered with the extra weight. I was able to do 17 strict pull-ups this past summer and probably couldn't get 12 right now.

My Routine has been Monday evening (at my house) full body workout. Just two sets to failure of one excercise per muscle. Wednesday is chest/back Thursday is arms and Friday is Legs/shoulders.

On Tuesdays I run/walk 2.0 miles pretty flat. Thursday is 2.5 miles run/walk with one huge hill and Saturday mornings I do 3.0 miles run/walk flat. Idea behind run/walk is to get my heart rate up and then bring it back down (sort of high intensity) plus it keeps me from dreading a blah distance run.