Walton-Verona Bearcats vs Glasgow Scotties

BigDaddy12

Who wins?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Glasgow Scotties
    • Walton-Verona Bearcats

The Walton-Verona Bearcats (10-2) will host the Glasgow Scotties (11-1). Kickoff is schedule for 7:30pm. Both teams have a high power offense, but will the Bearcats defense firing on all cylinders will they be able to stop the scotties? This is a huge game for both teams! Who do you have and why? I'll think Walton-Verona will be able to out last them and there defense will be to much. I'll take walton in this one by 2

Glasgow's running game, Nick Mitchell in particular, has been clicking in recent weeks. Mitchell, the #2 rusher in 2A, has averaged 170 ypg and scored 16 TDs in the six weeks since their loss to Franklin-Simpson. Behind the Scotties’ (11-1) big and talented offensive line, that running game will be a formidable challenge for their regional final opponent. After losing quite a bit of offensive production from last year, Walton-Verona (10-2) has exceeded expectations in 2018, at least in the eyes of most people outside of that community. The Bearcats have reached ten wins behind a deep stable of running backs and a stingy defense that's pitched seven shutouts this year. This game won't get the attention that the CAL/DeSales region final will, but this is a match-up that 2A football fans all across the Commonwealth should keep an eye on.

For fans in Northern Kentucky: Glasgow is a traditionally good program, 15th in state in all time wins.

Overpowering O-line with a big RB 2nd in 2A for yardage. QB can run & throw, 6'5" 190 lbs WR... Big DL, fast LBs/DBs.

Walton can play with them if they can execute.

Strength of schedule is actually pretty even. Glasgow's one point win over Elizabethtown is the one game that sets them above Walton Verona.

I could be wrong but I would say that Etown, Bardstown, Warren East and Allen Co- Scottsville are all better wins than WV's best win.

This is a potential watershed game for the W-V program.

Hosting their first ever home Regional Final and it is not an impossible feat to win.

FWIW, if we are ranking SOS, Calpreps has it:

1. Glasgow vs. Franklin-Simpson (L)

2. Glasgow vs. Etown (W)

3. Walton-Verona vs. Paintsville (L)

4. Walton-Verona vs. LCA (L)

5. Glasgow vs. Bardstown (W)

6. Glasgow vs. Warren East (W)

7. Glasgow vs. ACS (W)

8. Walton-Verona vs. KCD (W)

Definite advantage to Glasgow in the SOS