Dallas Police Officer Tries To Enter Wrong Apartment, Fatally Shoots Resident

AverageJoesGym

The Dallas police officer had just finished her shift and was returning home. Somehow, she went to the wrong floor of her apartment building and attempted to use her key to enter. When it didn't work the resident of the apartment opened the door. In the ensuing confrontation she drew her weapon and shot him twice in the chest. It was initially reported as an officer involved shooting. Responding officers tried to render aid to the victim but he passed away. His name was Botham Shem Jean, a 26 year old businessman and native of St. Lucia. Dallas police have ordered blood samples from the female officer and are said to be pursuing manslaughter charges. The Texas Rangers are assisting in the investigation. Tragic. How do you go to the wrong floor of your own apartment building?

Botham Shem Jean: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Dallas officer faces manslaughter charge for shooting man in apartment she thought was hers, police chief says | Crime | Dallas News

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to the wrong floor of the building isn't what's troubling... I can almost understand how that would happen if you weren't paying attention. But how, after she realized she wasn't at the right apartment, did it escalate to where she pulled her gun and shot the guy twice?

This story has fascinated me because no matter how hard folks try to make it this isn’t a racially motivated situation. Not even slightly.

There is a picture floating around social media that shows the Botham Shem Jean and three other women in the picture. Speculation is that one of the women in the picture is the cop that shot him. Until her name is released it can’t be confirmed. The picture is from 2017.

A witness said she heard the cop beating on the door repearedly telling him to open the door.

Another witness has said that she heard the shots, heard crying for a moment and then heard the call to 911 and then CPR being performed.

Botham’s apartment had a rug in front of it. Apparently the cop’s apartment doesn’t have a rug at the front door.

The cop’s apartment is on a different floor.

A resident who lives in the complex said their complex is like Ft. Knox and it seems unlikely that someone would be able to break into their complex and be in someone’s apartment without it being noticed.

All interesting stuff and I read that she will likely be charged with manslaughter but everything seems to point to a past history between the two having an effect on whether there is motive or not.

I can see going to the wrong floor but once you tried the key and it didn’t work, I would be looking around. Not trying to break in. I have gone to the wrong car and tried to open it up before. And I know many drunk people who went to the wrong place.

This one seems a little fishy.

The shooter’s name is allegedly Amber Guyger. She has been released. There is a new photo of her and it has her mom in the picture as well and her mom has an All Lives Matter shirt on in the picture so like it or not it will become a racial issue now. I haven’t been able to confirm for sure if she had a previous relationship with Botham but early indications are that she did.