Pikeville 75 Shelby Valley 72 (OT)

Wireman

Very interesting stuff coming out of Shelby Valley. I have contacted people from both sides on this matter and heard reports that seem consistent, but again they are just reports and opinions of what was seen. Hopefully this does not get ugly for the 15th Region. Potential charges and possible litigation are currently in motion so I wont comment any further on the situation until all sides have had a chance to tell their story and evidence reviewed. I do know Shelby Valley had a game scheduled with Jenkins this evening and it was dropped off the KHSAA schedule earlier in the day so make what inferences you will.

The outcome of the game did determine that Pikeville will get the #1 seed in the 59th District tournament and play Piarist in the first round at East Ridge. Shelby Valley will play East Ridge in the first round. Should be a great matchup in the 2/3 game. Congratulations to Pikeville and Coach Bart Williams on securing the regular season district title and almost guaranteed spot in the regional tournament.

Yes.

Seriously, is anyone surprised that this stuff follows him? It's everywhere he's been.

I think coaches and players had to separate him and Lee County's former coach following a game in Beattyville last year.

I know a little about Hicks since his first high school head coaching job was a our school. He was there for one year and left for Greenup County. I'm not going to say much about him except to say he was a very intense bench coach, rarely sitting down, and continuely screaming and shouting at the refs and the team. From what I saw at the All A state tournament he hasn't changed.

He had his good points and bad. He was a very hard worker but just a little over the top in the intensity department. Really got amped up during games.