Newport Field Replacement

Shondue

I heard from a friend in Northern Kentucky that the Newport High School field was being removed and replaced this week because of MRSA contamination in the surface. Sounds far fetched to me, but I'm not in the medical field either. Anybody know of anything going on with this that could shed some light on it?

It was flooded and damged by a mistake by the sewer district doing repairs on the sewer pipes near the field I believe and SD is bearing some or all costs is what I heard

Funny, but as a kid who grew up in Bromley we had the Sanitation District one and only plant right across Route Eight from the Ball Field in Bromley, Each year when the Ohio River would flood, the plant would shut down due to the high water and the whole mess would wind up in the ballfield across the street from the plant (better know as the STINK PLANT to the locals). After the Ohio River returned to inside it's banks and after a few days of drying out, we went back to playing Baseball or Football on that Ball Field and to the best of my knowledge, no one ever got sick from it!

We were tough little kids back in those days! :clap:

Wasn't about time for replacement anyway?? It has really shown a lot of wear and is pretty thin in some spots. When was that turf installed??

2005 or 2006 I think RJS. Shouldnt have needed replacement, but I don't think it was installed correctly to begin with. It has always had loose spots in it.

Funny, but as a kid who grew up in Bromley we had the Sanitation District one and only plant right across Route Eight from the Ball Field in Bromley, Each year when the Ohio River would flood, the plant would shut down due to the high water and the whole mess would wind up in the ballfield across the street from the plant (better know as the STINK PLANT to the locals). After the Ohio River returned to inside it's banks and after a few days of drying out, we went back to playing Baseball or Football on that Ball Field and to the best of my knowledge, no one ever got sick from it!

We were tough little kids back in those days! :clap:

Built up an immunity to things like that because we were constantly OUTSIDE.

Hell, when it would rain hard and the street sewers would back up, we'd play in the pooled water! Never got sick.