Nicholas County

I don't think it matters who coaches at NC (boys or girls) because administration doesn't support the coaches or the programs. Always going to have a high turnover in coaches there!

I don't see how you can say that. The new gym would suggest otherwise.

The last guy was let go because of legal issues. Then they waited a year to get the "right" person in there and used an interim coach who I believe was inducted into the 10th Region Hall of Fame this year.

Any examples of non-support you can share?

I agree it will always be a place with turnover, but that's because of lack of population (which usually means less talent on a consistant basis)

I don't think it matters who coaches at NC (boys or girls) because administration doesn't support the coaches or the programs. Always going to have a high turnover in coaches there!

You obviously know nothing about the principal of Nicholas Co. HS.

I can't imagine the Nicholas County boys basketball job being open and someone not contacting their native son, Daniel Brown of Henry Clay, about the job.

I have no clue if Daniel Brown has any interest in returning to his alma mater.

No chance.

You obviously know nothing about the principal of Nicholas Co. HS.

Maybe not. But I do. And I can say with straight face that he and the AD have no desire to hire quality coaches and also lack professional courtesy.

Maybe not. But I do. And I can say with straight face that he and the AD have no desire to hire quality coaches and also lack professional courtesy.

I can't speak for the AD, but Marty Feltner is one of the straightest shooters on Earth.

As far as hiring a "quality" coach, he would LOVE to! But the odds of a "quality" coach going to NC is highly unlikely due one thing: $$$.

I can't speak to the administration's support of coaches, but I have dropped Nicholas (girls) from my schedule because of an utter lack of professionalism demonstrated from both the administration and AD. Also, the AD told me that all new contracts with Nicholas will have to be boy/girl double headers. I have no idea how they plan on pulling that off, but I'd hate to coach a team that wasn't getting to play a JV schedule. Sparkling new facilities do not compensate for clueless administration.

I can't imagine the Nicholas County boys basketball job being open and someone not contacting their native son, Daniel Brown of Henry Clay, about the job.

I have no clue if Daniel Brown has any interest in returning to his alma mater.

In a perfect world, he would be at the top of their list, but like Jahearme said "no chance".