Playstation Network

uk#1fan

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I almost started this thread Friday.

All I want to know is....Is my personal and banking information safe? I'm perfectly fine with Sony taking the time to fix it to prevent future intrusions.

I can't read PP's link from work, but from what I gather the simple quick version is.....GeoHot(George Hotz?) and his hacking of the PS3 and posting the instructions on the internet leads to Sony suing him, Anonymous stands up for GeoHot and has 300 hackers attack Sony.

Should have bought a 360.:D:lol:

The better gamers are on PS3, why would I want to play with the 2nd rate gamers? And on top of that have to pay for it. PASS. :lol:

Didn't XBOX Live go down several times over the last few years, once for almost 2 weeks????

Get out of here with that stuff:D

The better gamers are on PS3, why would I want to play with the 2nd rate gamers? And on top of that have to pay for it. PASS. :lol:

Didn't XBOX Live go down several times over the last few years, once for almost 2 weeks????

Get out of here with that stuff:D

I don't recall any thing like that, unless it happened to be during a time that I was out of town for two weeks, but I also don't remember being out of town for two weeks ever within the past few years so I'm going to have to go with no. Typically the only time Xbox live goes down it's for 12-24 hours for scheduled maintenance. I have heard from several people that have a 360 and a PS3 that it's easier to excell on PS3, I guess they just always get lucky and have those "better gamers" on their team.

I don't recall any thing like that, unless it happened to be during a time that I was out of town for two weeks, but I also don't remember being out of town for two weeks ever within the past few years so I'm going to have to go with no. Typically the only time Xbox live goes down it's for 12-24 hours for scheduled maintenance. I have heard from several people that have a 360 and a PS3 that it's easier to excell on PS3, I guess they just always get lucky and have those "better gamers" on their team.

I have both and I still say there's much better teamwork on 360, but better individual gamers on PS3. But that debate could go on and on forever.

I don't use my Playstation much for gaming these days... Mostly for streaming Netflix since getting married. I've noticed the message when you try to sign in for Netflix and it tells you that it's required to continue signing in, but loads regardless. Otherwise I may be climbing up the walls.

This is what I found.....so depressing. I have been off of work since Thursday and don't go back until Tuesday and was planning on hitting COD hard.

http://www.destructoid.com/sony-provides-status-update-on-playstation-network-199500.phtml

I read some of the comments in that article from PS3 users and there are some really ticked off folks. I understand the frustration but for the people that aren't paying a membership fee to play I just think they need to get over it. Demanding compensation for not being able to play online with your friends it's just sad really how so many people think they deserve to be comp'd for a service they don't pay for that it clearly says in their user agreement that because they're not paying for the service's they can't sue, seek damages etc.

I read some of the comments in that article from PS3 users and there are some really ticked off folks. I understand the frustration but for the people that aren't paying a membership fee to play I just think they need to get over it. Demanding compensation for not being able to play online with your friends it's just sad really how so many people think they deserve to be comp'd for a service they don't pay for that it clearly says in their user agreement that because they're not paying for the service's they can't sue, seek damages etc.

True. I am extremely frustrated but I really don't know what Sony could logically do to make it up to me.

I almost started this thread Friday.

All I want to know is....Is my personal and banking information safe? I'm perfectly fine with Sony taking the time to fix it to prevent future intrusions.

I can't read PP's link from work, but from what I gather the simple quick version is.....GeoHot(George Hotz?) and his hacking of the PS3 and posting the instructions on the internet leads to Sony suing him, Anonymous stands up for GeoHot and has 300 hackers attack Sony.

Here is the gist of it.........

On the PlayStation Blog, Sony has issued a new statement regarding the recent PlayStation Network and Qriocity downtime. Resolving the situation is likely going to take longer than we initially thought, although work is being performed "around the clock," according to senior director of corporate communications and social media, Patrick Seybold.

"Our efforts to resolve this matter involve re-building our system to further strengthen our network infrastructure," he continues. "Though this task is time-consuming, we decided it was worth the time necessary to provide the system with additional security."