Kemba Has Read ONE Book In His Entire Life

Clyde

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the age of cliff notes and the internet I can't say I am surprised. Some people generally do not like to read. You don't have to read numerous books from cover to cover to get a degree at any institution of higher learning.

Kemba talked about reading one his entire life. Yes, it's hard to believe you can go through college without reading one entire book. It's shocking to think you can go through LIFE reading one book. 16 years of education and you've read one darn book? And you tell people that?

Kemba talked about reading one his entire life. Yes, it's hard to believe you can go through college without reading one entire book. It's shocking to think you can go through LIFE reading one book. 16 years of education and you've read one darn book? And you tell people that?

It depends on what kind of student he is. My first two years of college I never read and got pretty good grades. The last 3 years I got really serious and had close to a 4.0. I could have gone through college without reading an entire book easily, and I'm not shocked Walker could either with or without extra help from basketball friendly teachers.

It depends on what kind of student he is. My first two years of college I never read and got pretty good grades. The last 3 years I got really serious and had close to a 4.0. I could have gone through college without reading an entire book easily, and I'm not shocked Walker could either with or without extra help from basketball friendly teachers.

Let's separate this out into two issues.

1. Only reading one book during college: I assume English/Lit classes require one to read a book.

2. Life: How can one read one book EVER in your first 21 years of life?

This don't mean anything. I hate to read, absolutely hate it. Was forced to read things I had no interest in all during school and it just really turned me against reading. To me it is entirely unenjoyable and I tried to avoid it at all cost.

I am currently a Psych major in college, have over 70 college hours and right now have around a 3.1 gpa. I read my texts every now and then for assignments but most of my knowledge comes from taking notes in lecture and reading various things on the internet. As far as sitting down and reading a book I can't say I have ever done that in college. The few times I was required to read a certain book for class I usually just looked at spark notes or something and done just fine. Some people learn differently than others and I have found better ways suited for me to learn the material as well as other things that make up my general knowledge.

Let's separate this out into two issues.

1. Only reading one book during college: I assume English/Lit classes require one to read a book.

2. Life: How can one read one book EVER in your first 21 years of life?

I know a number of adults who say they never read a book. I've didn't ask if they had ever read a book, but might do so out of curiousity. Not sure how someone cannot find enjoyment out of picking up (and reading) a book every once in a while. I chalk it up to the internet and the boob tube.

Edited by cooperstown
spelling

:lol::lol::lol: