Covington Catholic 5 Cooper 1

CovCath replayed the early rain out with Cooper today and defeated the Jaquards by a score of 5-1.

CovCath Junior James Tomlin pitched a complete game while allowing only allowing 4 hits and no earned runs.

I didn't attend the 12noon game but have the stats and will post them later this evening.

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly plus, PeeWee's Place Star of the game, Gruber Grill Defensive Star and BAWAC Inc. Offensive Star of the game, stats and more coming soon.

The Good: The pitching.

The Bad: CovCath didn't hit that well garnishing only 5 hits

The Ugly: Nothing really.

As I didn't see the game, I can't give a Gruber Grill Defensive Star of the game.

From looking at the stats sheet, I am going to give the BAWAC Inc. Offensive Star of the game: Eric Schneider who had 2 hits and 2 rbi's

My PeeWee's Place Star of the game goes to James Tomlin who pitched a complete game and held the Cooper team to only 1 run and that was unearned.

CovCath Pitching:

James Tomlin (W) 77 pitches 26 PA 4 hits 1 run 0 earned runs 1 walk 4 K's and 1 balk

CovCath hitting:

Reese 4 PA 1 rbi and 1 K

Best 3 PA 2 runs scored 1 hit 1 wwalk and 1 Nutini (hbp)

Lankheit 3 PA 1 run and 2 walks

Severson 3 PA

Schneider 3 PA 2 hits 2 rbi's and 1 walk

Grosser 3 PA

Schriever 3 PA 1 run scored 1 K and 1 Nutini (hbp)

Lonneman 3 PA and 2 K's

Stein 3 PA 1 run scored and 2 hits

I understand Thompson, Coopers best player, left for spring break and was not there for the Boone or Dixie game either . The paper had him hitting over .600.... I'm sure this doesn't help the offense much. Not a good thing for him to do to his teammates, IMO. Hang in there Jag's and pick each other up.

I understand Thompson, Coopers best player, left for spring break and was not there for the Boone or Dixie game either . The paper had him hitting over .600.... I'm sure this doesn't help the offense much. Not a good thing for him to do to his teammates, IMO. Hang in there Jag's and pick each other up.

I'm stunned that Coach Bieger would let a kid go on spring break. Was there some unusual circumstance?

This was a closer game than I expected. It was 5-0 after 2 innings. The 2 runs scored in the 2nd came with 2 outs and 2 on and Lankeit hits a hard one hopper to the pitcher who made a nice stab, then a play you have seen at every level. He has the ball before Lankeit is out of the box and he jogs a few steps towards first and tries to lightly toss it to the first baseman and it goes five feet over his head and 2 runs score. Either keep going towards first and underhand it or get it step and throw normal speed. The Jag's offense has been up against good pitching this week and with Thompson out they have strung nothing together. Cov Cath will be a tough out this year as they played good defense and put the ball in play.

I don't think it would made much of a difference