Kentucky / Ohio All Star game

By J Demling:

http://blogs.courier-journal.com/jodydemling/2011/04/09/kentucky-loses-hickey-named-mvp/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+JodyDemling-RecruitingBlog+%28Jody+Demling+-+Recruiting+blog%29&utm_content=Twitter

Kentucky lost in its battle with Ohio on Saturday night but Christian County guard Anthony Hickey kept his streak going.

The 5-foot-11 Hickey led the Kentucky team with 14 points and seven assists and was named MVP for the Bluegrass Stars after they dropped a 102-100 decision to Ohio at Thomas More.

Eastern’s Remy Abell had 20 points for the Kentucky team, while Elliott County’s Timmy Knipp added 13 and Iroquois’

Jermaine Jackson added 11.

Iowa signee Aaron White led the Ohio team with 19 points.

Boys Roster:

Kentucky boys:Remy Abell, Lyonell Gaines, Kameron Woods (Eastern); George Fant, Jordan Shanklin (Warren Central); Chris Freeman (Muhlenberg County); Anthony Hickey, Donovan Kates (Christian County); Jermaine Jackson (Iroquois); Tony Kimbro (Jeffersontown); Timmy Knipp (Elliott County); DeOndre McWhorter (Moore); Jordan Percell (Campbellsville); Treg Setty (Mason County); Ryan Taylor (Western). Head coach: Kerry Stovall (Christian County).

KY blew a 24-2 lead in this game. Knipp came out on fire and they stoped going to him. Ky team was more athletic than Ohio, first time in a long time. Should have won this game going away.

KY blew a 24-2 lead in this game. Knipp came out on fire and they stoped going to him. Ky team was more athletic than Ohio, first time in a long time. Should have won this game going away.

That's the worse thing about these all star games in that everyone wants to be in the spotlight and for example ,Knipp had a hot hand then keep going to him but I know and you know that other boys can't stand that and want to be in the spotlight themselves . Most people call it selfish.

That's the worse thing about these all star games in that everyone wants to be in the spotlight and for example ,Knipp had a hot hand then keep going to him but I know and you know that other boys can't stand that and want to be in the spotlight themselves . Most people call it selfish.

It is an "all-star" game, not "a star. It's for all of the players selected to be highlighted not just one, and I am sure after Knipp was hot they took him and the other 4 out? As they do have a rotation they have to follow. PLUS, all of the players pay to be in this event.

It is an "all-star" game, not "a star. It's for all of the players selected to be highlighted not just one, and I am sure after Knipp was hot they took him and the other 4 out? As they do have a rotation they have to follow. PLUS, all of the players pay to be in this event.

I'm saying if he's hot keep giving him the ball. I went to watch the Jr all start game last year at Franklin Co and it was a one man show for one team. I don't put much stock in all star games.

Can't believe a kid has to pay to be in an all star game. That's unreal!

Edited by The Old Bull Dog

Players do NOT have to pay to play in the KY-OHIO All-Star game, they are selected by a committee. (In this case usually Randy Ward & his son). The coaches of the teams divide up the playing time amoungst the players for the majority of the game and then select their "best" group for the last part of the game. From what I heard since Kerry Stovall and Jason Couch were the coaches, the end of the game was a lot of Christian Co./Eastern players as to be expected. Just hard to believe losing a game when you're up 24-2 even if it's an All-Star game!!

Players do NOT have to pay to play in the KY-OHIO All-Star game, they are selected by a committee. (In this case usually Randy Ward & his son). The coaches of the teams divide up the playing time amoungst the players for the majority of the game and then select their "best" group for the last part of the game. From what I heard since Kerry Stovall and Jason Couch were the coaches, the end of the game was a lot of Christian Co./Eastern players as to be expected. Just hard to believe losing a game when you're up 24-2 even if it's an All-Star game!!

Then they changed it, as parents told me in the past that when selected they were told there was a fee to play!

Game must not have been too important, I couldn't even find a box score in any paper. Only mentioned 3 boys scoring.

I couldn't find anything either. Thought the Mason Co paper would have something as Setty played in this all star game.

It costs $225 per player to participate. Tickets were $12 each. The players are encouraged to solicit sponsors to pay for their fee. One of the players in the game showed me the info for the game. $225 per player - WOW!

I knew they charged this for the girls to play and didn't see how the boys would be different.

^ Maybe the Louisville paper or the Bowling Green paper or the Hopkinsville paper or the Campbellsville paper or the Muhlenberg County paper had something.:D

I don't know much about this particular game. I assume that it's a regional game; and certainly doesn't compare in scope to the national A-S contests; probably not even to the KY-IN series.

I know I've got an old KY-OH AS tee shirt laying around somewhere; maybe from the year that Chris Lofton played in it.

You are wrong.