Choose the Mascot

The Robertson County News has posted Choose the Mascot and it seems the paper and school are asking public opion on the mascot, 3 have been narrowed done to:

Black Devils

The Judges

Red Hawks

I like to throw in the name "Warriors" andf have the team come out to the Ultimate Warriors theme music. What say you BGP?

The Judges? :confused::lol:

I don't get the "Judges"? Is there some type of historical background that I am just not familiar with and could someone fill me in on it? That would really be a unique nickname but how does it fit?

Why the move to change the nickname? Is this another round of political and religious correctness to change a schools mascot?

I don't get the "Judges"? Is there some type of historical background that I am just not familiar with and could someone fill me in on it? That would really be a unique nickname but how does it fit?

Why the move to change the nickname? Is this another round of political and religious correctness to change a schools mascot?

Devilman, could you possibly be pulling an April 1st joke on everyone here?

Deming is building a new school and no the mascot thing isn't an April Fools believe it or not. They are building a new school and are changing the name and wanting to change the mascot.

Well I still say stick with Black Devils. It's been that way forever and it's not like this is a consolidation or a bringing together of multiple schools and histories. You basically are changing the name on the front of the building; no need to do more than that.

Well I still say stick with Black Devils. It's been that way forever and it's not like this is a consolidation or a bringing together of multiple schools and histories. You basically are changing the name on the front of the building; no need to do more than that.

Point taken

I agree.