Ryle vs. Boone - April 4

Kind of early for my taste, but a big seeding game next Monday at Ryle between the Raiders and Rebels. I believe Boone has won the regular season district game the past two years. Should be a good game. Come on out to Ryle and watch these two teams go at it!

And for no particular reason, other than my pro-Ryle bias, I will take the Raiders in a close one, 6-5.

I assume they play more than once in the regular season. If so, why is this one a seeding game?

Only game on Boones schedule for the 2 teams. If they get to play (weather does sound good for next week) Boone 7 - Ryle 3 just because of my bias for Boone. I'm sure it will be a good game no matter who wins !!!

Only game on Boones schedule for the 2 teams. If they get to play (weather does sound good for next week) Boone 7 - Ryle 3 just because of my bias for Boone. I'm sure it will be a good game no matter who wins !!!

Why would the two teams play so early if they're only playing once?

Why would the two teams play so early if they're only playing once?

Not so sure. I find it a bit odd myself, though not certain it necessarily gives either one an edge. Last year Ryle also only played Boone one time, though in most past years I do believe they schedule two games, which leaves them the second game as a backup date for a seeding game if the first one gets washed. I know Coach Roesel is very leery of having a repeat occurrence of what happened last year when we played and beat Conner three times during the regular season - in part because of meeting up in tournaments such as Doc Morris, Knochelman - and then got whomped by them in the district tournament. Very, very hard to beat a good team 3 times in a season, much less four, and I'm guessing he's erring on the side of caution.