Anthony Hickey Named Mr. Basketball

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hickey should have been a serious candidate for the award, anyway, but the Sweet 16 performance put him over the hump.

I agree. I don't see how he could be denied after that performance. What he did is what I would think we all want to see the best player in the state do. Put the team on his back and win the Sweet 16.

Congrats to Hickey, but the Mr. Basketball award no longer goes to the best player, but to the player that has the best state tournament.

I thought Behanan was a shoe in until the Sweet 16. What Hickey did that week was likely one of the best weeks in the history of the Sweet 16. He deserved it.

Congratulations to a terrific young man and athlete. Way to represent Christian County and the city of Hopkinsville--we are very proud of you!

Very deserving for this young man. You have every right to be so proud.

Here is his stats for the year, state tourney and link to article:

Hickey averaged 18.6 points, 4.7 assists, 4.5 rebounds and 4.0 steals this season. He made the game-winning assist in a 65-63 double overtime win over Rowan County in the championship game of the Sweet 16.

Hickey was named the Sweet 16 MVP after averaging 22.5 points, 7.3 rebounds, 6.5 steals and 4.8 assists in four tournament games.

http://blogs.courier-journal.com/jodydemling/2011/03/29/anthony-hickey-named-mr-basketball/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+JodyDemling-RecruitingBlog+%28Jody+Demling+-+Recruiting+blog%29&utm_content=Twitter