Conner 2 Cooper 1

Final from Hebron.

Albrecht goes 6 innings for the Cougars, Blake Maines closed it out.. Hunter Dunn started for Cooper and then Thompson finished it out.

Both of Conner's runs were scored off Thompson in the 4th. Liechty led off with a single, Ryle hit a RBI double and would later score. Well pitched and solid defensive game for both teams.

Conner is now 2-0 on the year after defeating Highlands 16 to 9 on Friday.

Congrats to the Cougars , they played solid defense and came threw with some key hits in the 4th off of Thompson to go a head by 1 . Very good start by the freshman Dunn I thing he was pitching a no hitter until replaced by Thompson but a very interesting lineup by Beiger against a district opponent. Thompson and Collins with 1 bat a piece late in the game and then having the start of a freshman on the mound . IMO It didn't look like he was to worry about trying to go for the win with the late subs when they were down by 1 .

I too was puzzled by some of Beigers decisions. Thompson didn't start in the field and then comes into pitch? neither team had there top 9 out there..Roberts, Conner's senior ss, wasn't there. Dunn pitched excellent. The ump behind the plate for this game was pathetic imo. Both ways, his strikezone was an absolute joke. But I guess that's just part of it.:popcorn:

I too was puzzled by some of Beigers decisions. Thompson didn't start in the field and then comes into pitch? neither team had there top 9 out there..Roberts, Conner's senior ss, wasn't there. Dunn pitched excellent. The ump behind the plate for this game was pathetic imo. Both ways, his strike zone was an absolute joke. But I guess that's just part of it.:popcorn:

Question, you said it was the same way for both teams? Correct!

Did he call the same strike zone from the first to last batter in the game?

If the answer to my last question is a yes, then there should have been no mistake about his strike zone and no one from the pitchers to the batters should have complained. Honestly it is up to both the pitchers and the batters to adjust to Blues strike zone and as long as he calls the same strike for both teams and throughout the entire game, then no one should complain!

The game was pretty much called both ways there wasn't much complaining about the Umps except a few but you consider its the beginning of the season so it wasn't that bad . The commit about the Coaches decision comes from when the program started and winning was pounded into these kids head and mistakes weren't tolerated . I was happy with showing .The kids played good , just I believe that Beiger wasn't on his "A" game remember just my opinion. He has definitely changed.

Question, you said it was the same way for both teams? Correct!

Did he call the same strike zone from the first to last batter in the game?

If the answer to my last question is a yes, then there should have been no mistake about his strike zone and no one from the pitchers to the batters should have complained. Honestly it is up to both the pitchers and the batters to adjust to Blues strike zone and as long as he calls the same strike for both teams and throughout the entire game, then no one should complain!

. Yes, you are correct in your interpretation of my previous comment. I guess being consistent is all you can ask for at this level in regard to umpires. However when a catcher is set up on the outer part of the plate and reaches further outside to receive a called "strike," and when a fastball bounces on the plate and is called a "strike," I begin to wonder. But hey, that's just my opinion... Sorry for the complaining this early, I'm sure it will get better :lol: