Come on guys, Keep this win in perspective!

Pile Driver

Dont get me wrong, I was pumped up last night after UK beat OSU:banana:. I am as big a CAT fan as most, but for some to compare this to a National Championship win, or a revenge win against the most hated Duke BlueDevils:madman: is a bit of a stretch.:ohbrother:

Huge win, absolutely. Even more exciting to beat an overall #1 seed, sure.

But it was a round of 16 game.

Now lets just get past North Carolina...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont get me wrong, I was pumped up last night after UK beat OSU:banana:. I am as big a CAT fan as most, but for some to compare this to a National Championship win, or a revenge win against the most hated Duke BlueDevils:madman: is a bit of a stretch.:ohbrother:

Huge win, absolutely. Even more exciting to beat an overall #1 seed, sure.

But it was a round of 16 game.

Now lets just get past North Carolina...

This is the biggest win for the program since 1998. Name one bigger? Thats not to say if we win the NC this season that wont change, but up to this point its the biggest in 13 years.

This is the biggest win for the program since 1998. Name one bigger? Thats not to say if we win the NC this season that wont change, but up to this point its the biggest in 13 years.

It got them to the Elite 8.......they have done that multiple times since 1998.

Name one that was as impressive and unexpected?

Why was it unexpected? UK had the #1 recruiting class in the land. You all said they were under-seeded, matched up well, coaching, etc......don't toot your horn now. Do what you're supposed to do.

Why was it unexpected? UK had the #1 recruiting class in the land. You all said they were under-seeded, matched up well, coaching, etc......don't toot your horn now. Do what you're supposed to do.

They were underseeded, but certainly weren't a #1 seed. They beat the #1 OVERALL SEED. How can you argue that this was expected? They were huge underdogs. They just got out-coached and outplayed. It's as simple as that. Take those Duke shades off for a minute and stop the hating and downplaying a tremendous victory. Let us enjoy our win and you can sulk about your loss.

Hater. Down play the accomplishment all you want but who are you to tell UK fans how they should feel after a big win? If half of us think it was the biggest UK win ever, what's wrong with that?d No one has said that, but it was a huge win for UK. Most of the time when they have got to the elite 8 in past years, UK fans felt it was expected. Most Cats fans probably thought UK could beat OSU, but I wouldn't imagine many sane ones would think UK should have won that game no questions asked.

I'm still searching for a game since '98 that was as big for UK, but I can't find one that felt like that for me. A win at the buzzer, holding the #1 overall seed to a low percentage with the upper classmen playing the game of their lives.....it just doesn't get any better than that.

They were underseeded, but certainly weren't a #1 seed. They beat the #1 OVERALL SEED. How can you argue that this was expected? They were huge underdogs. They just got out-coached and outplayed. It's as simple as that. Take those Duke shades off for a minute and stop the hating and downplaying a tremendous victory. Let us enjoy our win and you can sulk about your loss.

I am done "sulking" about my loss. I am tired of everyone claiming UK's greatness, then act as if wins are unexpected....it's one or the other. Either you are a top dog, or you're not. No one nationally is surprised UK won. They had the #1 recruiting class in the land. It's tired.

Hater. Down play the accomplishment all you want but who are you to tell UK fans how they should feel after a big win? If half of us think it was the biggest UK win ever, what's wrong with that?d No one has said that, but it was a huge win for UK. Most of the time when they have got to the elite 8 in past years, UK fans felt it was expected. Most Cats fans probably thought UK could beat OSU, but I wouldn't imagine many sane ones would think UK should have won that game no questions asked.

I'm still searching for a game since '98 that was as big for UK, but I can't find one that felt like that for me. A win at the buzzer, holding the #1 overall seed to a low percentage with the upper classmen playing the game of their lives.....it just doesn't get any better than that.

Hang a banner then, I guess... :confused:

Typically UK fans expect a FF run or bust but this year was different for a lot of people IMO. It was kind of a "down" year and people kind of got disinterested and didn't expect much of a run this year. Never understand why people hate of other teams fans for being excited about a win. It has a different feeling this most Sweet 16 wins IMO. Obviously I know this isn't that big of a win but it sure felt like it. I didn't expect them to make the Elite 8 this year.

Without Kanter playing that isn't the #1 recruiting class.

Hang a banner then, I guess... :confused:

UK only does that for Championships. There have been none & not even a Final Four berth since 98. UK has been favored to get to at least the Elite 8 every other time they've made it the last 13 years. This year was a surprise.

If you're such as basketball Nostradamus and you expected UK to win last night, how much did you make off the game? I'm sure you got plenty of action. This was the first time I can remember UK being a big underdog in the Tourney and they won. Huge win. Take your hate elsewhere.

I am done "sulking" about my loss. I am tired of everyone claiming UK's greatness, then act as if wins are unexpected....it's one or the other. Either you are a top dog, or you're not. No one nationally is surprised UK won. They had the #1 recruiting class in the land. It's tired.

:rolleyes:

Go Cats!:clap:

Well Florida State had the number 1 football class in the land. I guess if they beat #1 Oklahoma in week 3 or 4 this up coming season they shouldn't be excited about it. My goodness, they have 2 National Titles and the best recruiting class in the land. That argument is pathetic IMO.