Airline Tickets

woodsrider

Southwest is definitely the cheapest I have found so far. Out of Nashville I can get it for $358 before tax/fees. When I first started thinking about going (about a month ago) I checked and the it was only $338. Is there a point at which the price starts going back down? In other words a month out or 2 months out? Or should I expect it to be as cheap as it will be now and book it?

I just checked Southwest out of Louisville on a Friday in June returning on a Sunday. Looks like you should expect to pay between $450 and $600 round trip.

Depending on how far in advance. I know a few people that just booked some for at least $500.

You can always bid on priceline. If you go this route, you should prepare to have a day before and a day after commited to just travel You typically will find that you can bid and get airline tickets 40% less than retail. You are at Priceline's mercy of when you will fly. Once you purchase the ticket you will get your itinerary, but until that point you won't know Airline or departure/arrival times.

Southwest is definitely the cheapest I have found so far. Out of Nashville I can get it for $358 before tax/fees. When I first started thinking about going (about a month ago) I checked and the it was only $338. Is there a point at which the price starts going back down? In other words a month out or 2 months out? Or should I expect it to be as cheap as it will be now and book it?

If you are set up for the Southwest "ding", it is about the best you will do. I have flown from Nashville to Vegas 5 different times on SW. You can hit for the $250 and under range if Nashville pops up for you. Best I ever got was $99 both ways a few years back. They do not offer than price much longer, but you can snag a $109, $119 if you hit it right.

You can always bid on priceline. If you go this route, you should prepare to have a day before and a day after commited to just travel You typically will find that you can bid and get airline tickets 40% less than retail. You are at Priceline's mercy of when you will fly. Once you purchase the ticket you will get your itinerary, but until that point you won't know Airline or departure/arrival times.

Can you or someone expand upon Priceline a little more? I was about ready to start a thread on this subject. We are flying to D.C. in late May and considering the Priceline route. Do I just specify the days I am traveling and they set the time, or do I get to pick a time, etc.?

If you are set up for the Southwest "ding", it is about the best you will do. I have flown from Nashville to Vegas 5 different times on SW. You can hit for the $250 and under range if Nashville pops up for you. Best I ever got was $99 both ways a few years back. They do not offer than price much longer, but you can snag a $109, $119 if you hit it right.

What is this "ding" you speak of and how do you get it?

Ding?