Anthony Hickey of Christian County

He is one of the most dominating players I have ever seen in the Sweet 16. That goes back some 40 years.

It is refreshing to me that the best players from the last two Sweet 16s were sub 6 foot guards. Elisha Justice had an outstanding championship run in 2010.

Anthony Hickey is a below average shooter, but it makes no difference. If he is on your team, you are going to win! It is as simple as that.

I do not know all the particulars about him, but if I was a college coach and wanted to get a leader who has the will to win, I offer Anthony Hickey now, and live with his sub par size and shooting later.

Their are a lot of college coaches missing the boat on this kid.

Remember Dicky Beal ?[/quoteW

What Leroy Byrd aka Baby Magic? He was smaller than Dicky if memory serves. But I think DB was a better player.

As good as Dicky Beal was at Covington Holmes, I might take offense to your statement that he was a better player than Anthony Hickey.

Anthony Hickey played for a good but not great Christian County team and won "willed" his team to a state championship.

That guy gets my better player vote.

Regarding Hickey and his future status - I had the opportunity to meet some great fans from Christian Co at the mall Saturday between sessions. I asked the question about Mr. Hickey's future and one person replied, "He was contacted by TCU about playing both Basketball and Football", last week. Is there any truth to this comment, I don't know but as someone else commented, he'd be welcome on any of my teams.

This kid won the hearts of many people last week, mine included, and I didn't even know he existed. Good Luck!