Lexington Catholic 69 Dixie Heights 60

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, LC's offensive schemes are very good and they have all of the right parts to run it.

They took advantage of a lack of quickness/footspeed by Parker and Martin just dominated. Rough night for Parker who had a strong year.

Dixie's best lineup tonight was probably with 4 guards and Zeke. I'm not sure why Jordan Hassel sat so much in the 2nd half. I would have moved him onto Martin and taken my chances.

I'll have to watch the video to see if LC took Hatton out of the offense in the 2nd half or if Dixie took Hatton out of the offense.

Just my thoughts, but Dixie was beat by a more athletic and better team. Dixie does not play defensive very well and failed to scheme on defense to hide those slow feet, add that to all the turnovers and losing the rebounding battle and it equals an end to the season. Dixie can shoot well enough to beat most teams, but there is more to the game than shooting. They should be good again next year, but if you match up man to man with the better teams in the state, it will continue to look like a layup drill or the drive and kick for another three.

Just my thoughts, but Dixie was beat by a more athletic and better team. Dixie does not play defensive very well and failed to scheme on defense to hide those slow feet, add that to all the turnovers and losing the rebounding battle and it equals an end to the season. Dixie can shoot well enough to beat most teams, but there is more to the game than shooting. They should be good again next year, but if you match up man to man with the better teams in the state, it will continue to look like a layup drill or the drive and kick for another three.

FatNate is 100% correct. Dixie's D and the inability to compensate for mismatches was the game.

How good would LC be if the other Beckham had not left?

One can only wonder. I was in section 25. He was in 26. I couldn't help but wonder.

The post that said deceptively good about LexCath is 100% correct as is FanNate's post. It was clear who the better team was and they attacked the rim at will. Rebounded very well also. Cannot wait until Friday.

I believe the rebounding was nearly even (LC +1). I just thought that Dixie went up against a much better team tonight. LC runs their offense very well and with lots of discipline. They will beat you with drives, back doors or hit a shooter waiting behind the arc for a trey. Their players were in all the right spots tonight. Their patented 2-2-1 press was also effective early on with Trammel struggling mightily against it. How many times did Dixie players dribble to long and give up the back tip? I would not be surprised to see LC make it to Saturday morning and possible Sat. evening. Nice ball club. Great season to Dixie, hold your heads high gentleman. It's just to bad you couldn't have drawn Shelby Valley in the first round.