Congratulation to Rockcastle County girls State Basketball Champions

Thought they deserved their own thread on winning the State.

Congrats to Rockcastle girls and coaching staff. :thumb::thumb:

Rockcastle County girls win state basketball championship

"We made history tonight," she said. "There's nothing that can beat that feeling."

Rockcastle won its 27th straight game, but it looked like that streak was in jeopardy against the Crimsons, who led by as many as nine points early in the third quarter.

Three straight three-pointers helped Rockcastle get back in it, with two Hammond free throws giving the Rockets their first lead of the second half.

It went back and forth from there until Lawrence made the big shot to win the game.

With five-tenths of a second left on the clock, Coach Stacy Pendleton called time out, but the Crimsons couldn't get a shot off.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2011/03/13/1668956/rockcastle-county-girls-win-state.html#ixzz1GW8OM6KS

Congratulations to both teams. As a neutrual fan i got more than my money's worth watching this game. Though the girls may not feel so now there were no losers in this game. This is the stuff that makes athletes grow up, willing to put it all out there, take a risk and lay it on the line. Hang in there Manual players....just don't beat my team next year. Congrats Rock and thanks to both teams for the fun of just watching the game.

No crow to eat after all, just have to have faith and confidence.

It seems the girls teams in Rockcastle are dominating sports like basketball and track in Ky.

"dominating sports like basketball and track in ky." Don't know about track because I don't follow that sport.................................but gotta admit you have a way with words! :notworthy:

Just curious.........with Rockcastle losing 80% of its scoring and 75% of its rebounding with the graduation of six seniors, obviously a group that's been together for a long time, do you predict RC will "dominate" basketball again next season? Just thought I'd check to know whether anyone else had a chance or should perhaps just forgo next year! :D

Manual will be strong next season with several players returning including 5-8 PG April Wilson who has already committed to Purdue. Wilson set out the state tournament this year with a hand injury suffered during practice during the week of the regional tournament. Marion County returns Bre Elder, Makayla Epps, and Kyvin Goodin-Rogers. Sydney Moss returns at Boone County. Hopefully Kendall Noble will fully recover from ACL injury which will make Perry County Central a contender. There will be several contenders for the title next year. Congratulations to Rockcastle County for a fantastic year and a well deserved championship.

Manual will be strong next season with several players returning including 5-8 PG April Wilson who has already committed to Purdue. Wilson set out the state tournament this year with a hand injury suffered during practice during the week of the regional tournament. Marion County returns Bre Elder, Makayla Epps, and Kyvin Goodin-Rogers. Sydney Moss returns at Boone County. Hopefully Kendall Noble will fully recover from ACL injury which will make Perry County Central a contender. There will be several contenders for the title next year. Congratulations to Rockcastle County for a fantastic year and a well deserved championship.

Agree. Based on a quick and incomplete look I would think Marion County would have to be in the favorite role for next season based on what they return. Of course we'll likely see others challenge, perhaps even some that weren't necessarily among the ranked this season. And I wouldn't be surprised to see a few transfers that might have an impact on the strength of some schools for 2001-12.

"dominating sports like basketball and track in ky." Don't know about track because I don't follow that sport.................................but gotta admit you have a way with words! :notworthy:

Just curious.........with Rockcastle losing 80% of its scoring and 75% of its rebounding with the graduation of six seniors, obviously a group that's been together for a long time, do you predict RC will "dominate" basketball again next season? Just thought I'd check to know whether anyone else had a chance or should perhaps just forgo next year! :D

Rockcastle may not dominate next year, but if you look at their record you can't deny that they dominated the state of Kentucky this season. They did not lose to a Kentucky school this season.